• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Trails west rpm Chris Burandt Snowcheck

I

Impatientforsnow

Nov 29, 2007
Gods Country
Hey Guys Im having a problem with my NEW trailer everything works great love it! except when I turn on this Blower fan it actually feels like its pulling air in at the clothes hanger part and not much air flow at all on the floor? any help or Ideas from you guys that own this trailer ..should the blower be doubling the hot air flow when on ? cause its not it actually stopping some flow?

Last edited:
T
Feb 24, 2011
HILLS OF SOUTHWEST MONTANA
Goose neck or bumper pull? I just bought a 2017 20' amd when I turn the heat timer on my boot dryer don't seem to blow very hard and it seems as they are pull a bit of air until I flip the switch for the floor heat. There doesn't seem to be a significant amount of force when it's on but you can feel heat coming through the vents.

I

Impatientforsnow

Nov 29, 2007
Gods Country
Goose neck or bumper pull? I just bought a 2017 20' amd when I turn the heat timer on my boot dryer don't seem to blow very hard and it seems as they are pull a bit of air until I flip the switch for the floor heat. There doesn't seem to be a significant amount of force when it's on but you can feel heat coming through the vents.
Bumper pull 28 ....so the blower is it located just in the floor? i can hear it but cant pin down location? and like i said when i turn it on I lose all flow to coat rack dryer side. Maybe thats normal and just pushes all heat to the floor holes?

I

Impatientforsnow

Nov 29, 2007
Gods Country
Just talked to the trails west guy and they went and tried it with an new trailer and same issue they didn't realize this was happening and gonna try to figure out a fix if they can?

T
Feb 24, 2011
I just went out and tried mine. When I turn the timer switch to turn on the heater I am getting flow from the holes blowing on the coat rack and the holes blowing up towards the boot driers. When I activate the switch for the floor heat there is no airflow from the coat rack and below the boot drier and it almost seems like it is sucking air from those vents.

I also called them and they put me to someone that wasn't really familiar with it so I am having the same issue as you are if I am reading your post correctly. Who did you talk to when you called?

I

Impatientforsnow

Nov 29, 2007
Gods Country
I just went out and tried mine. When I turn the timer switch to turn on the heater I am getting flow from the holes blowing on the coat rack and the holes blowing up towards the boot driers. When I activate the switch for the floor heat there is no airflow from the coat rack and below the boot drier and it almost seems like it is sucking air from those vents.

I also called them and they put me to someone that wasn't really familiar with it so I am having the same issue as you are if I am reading your post correctly. Who did you talk to when you called?
Ya talked to a guy named Kirk..he was very concerned also and was going to look into it and see what can be done? If you hear more let me know please..and I will do the same.

I

Impatientforsnow

Nov 29, 2007
Gods Country
Ya talked to a guy named Kirk..he was very concerned also and was going to look into it and see what can be done? If you hear more let me know please..and I will do the same.

Oh and the blower fan is on the coat rack side under were the coat rack portion Ts off so what's going on is the blower is basically sucking so hard that it's causing the hot air to bypass it and go directly to the floor...

Last edited by a moderator:
T
Feb 24, 2011
When you turn on the blower for the floor heat does it cut the air to the v-nose heat section as well? Because it does on mine. I just talked to Kirt and he said that v- nose section was on a different zone and it is totally separate of the one under the coat rack. He was going to get with engineering and see what was going on.

I also sent you two PM's as well

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
I talked to a guy named Mike and he wasn't very concerned about it so I am sure you will have an answer before I do. I should call back and talk to Kurt just so he knows someone else has the issue too

Thanks

Pretty sure Mike was the guy I dealt with when my 3 week old Trailswest was rusting. He wasn't helpful then either. I got tired of issues with my trailer so I finally sold it for a charmac.

Sounds like there is a secondary fan that isn't sized properly and its creating a negative pressure on part of the system.

Hope you fellas get them fixed quickly!

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nothing like spending 30k and being a Ginnie pig. I just don't understand your people keep buying these trailers. Just because the pros use them. They must be the best. I guess not. I sure hope they get this figured out for u guys.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

I

Impatientforsnow

Nov 29, 2007
Gods Country
When you turn on the blower for the floor heat does it cut the air to the v-nose heat section as well? Because it does on mine. I just talked to Kirt and he said that v- nose section was on a different zone and it is totally separate of the one under the coat rack. He was going to get with engineering and see what was going on.

I also sent you two PM's as well
ya it does cut the boot drier and the lower pack rack a little but not as bad as the coat side to basically nothing..

T
Feb 24, 2011
Nothing like spending 30k and being a Ginnie pig. I just don't understand your people keep buying these trailers. Just because the pros use them. They must be the best. I guess not. I sure hope they get this figured out for u guys.

I understand where you are coming from but I didn't buy this trailer because it has Burandts name on it. I bought it because I feel that after owning a Mirage and a Haulmark and having friends that own Charmac, Mission and Look that Trails West was the best with fit and finish in my opinion. I am sure they will get us taken care of after engineering figures out what is going on.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
I understand where you are coming from but I didn't buy this trailer because it has Burandts name on it. I bought it because I feel that after owning a Mirage and a Haulmark and having friends that own Charmac, Mission and Look that Trails West was the best with fit and finish in my opinion. I am sure they will get us taken care of after engineering figures out what is going on.

Agreed with the mirage and haulmark but I'm surprised by charmac. Sure the charmac a cost a bit more but mine and my two buddies charmacs are miles ahead of Trailswest. My TW had screws falling out of the walls. Crazy amounts of rust within weeks or pickup (brand new from the factory) and the front door didn't seal at all (I had snow buildup just from towing).

Also I really didn't care for the curved floor.

Perhaps I just got a lemon??

T
Feb 24, 2011
Agreed with the mirage and haulmark but I'm surprised by charmac. Sure the charmac a cost a bit more but mine and my two buddies charmacs are miles ahead of Trailswest. My TW had screws falling out of the walls. Crazy amounts of rust within weeks or pickup (brand new from the factory) and the front door didn't seal at all (I had snow buildup just from towing).

Also I really didn't care for the curved floor.

Perhaps I just got a lemon??

Maybe you did get a lemon.

Maybe my friend with the Charmac got lemon too. He has a lot of rust and the front door has a 1/4" gap and it leaks bad. I wasn't impressed at all.

I

Impatientforsnow

Nov 29, 2007
Gods Country

AS far as I can see this is the best trailer I have ever owned so far..it set up for snowmobilers .this heater flow issue a very Minor issue..so far we love it and I have owned many other trailers ..this was put on here to see if other people had the same issue not to bash the brand or the people who buy them..these trailers have not been sold out every year because they are junk!..

summitriders36

Premium Member
Aug 30, 2010
I work at TW

We spoke about this issue in our management meeting this morning. Your trailer came with several plugs for the holes in the floor. You are supposed to plug off the holes that you don't use. We did this because everyone has different track lengths and different ways of loading the trailer. In essence, everyone wanted the holes in a different spot so we put the holes throughout the floor and you need to plug the ones that aren't under your track based on how you normally use the trailer. Basically, there are too many holes but it gives you the flexibility to use the holes you want/need. Plugging the ones you don't use will limit the flow going through the floor and make the holes that are open blow harder. It should also divert air flow back to your other vents. Be aware that anytime you have the pusher fans on, you'll divert some air from the other ducts even if you do have some of the holes in the floor plugged. The plugs are black and they're in a clear bag inside your trailer.

I'm sorry you didn't get this info when you called. My name is Jon and I'm an avid snowmobiler. Feel free to ask for me if you need to call again. I'd be happy to help.

Premium Features