• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MC transformation begins!

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Just the tear down phase! Will be a slow and steady process, will work on it when I find time. Archery season is right around the corner so screaming bulls will take priority for a while. :)

image.jpg

T

tbpatten33

Jul 18, 2011
I will be tackling it shortly as well, just waiting for the box full of goodies from Tom at TKI.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Don't leave us hanging whats the plan for the build??

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Don't leave us hanging whats the plan for the build??

Convert to the mountain cat chaincase and 8 tooth drivers
Wyo steering mod, just didn't get it done last season

Nothing to major, like to leave motor stock. Going to try rage cage and y pipe to go with the titanium can.

Last year I added BMfab skinny boards, TKI belt drive, custom hood, shocks revavled and clutching. I've had a few PCs and they all have been fun but this sled was on its own level, so damn fun!!

The new Conquer 280 track is sure tempting but think I'll see how it does for a season. My track is still in awesome shape.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I'm hoping the 16 rails will work, have been told they should be fine. Otherwise here is a list of parts:
MC chaincase back half - ($160 plus shipping)
TKI template - ($89)
TKI MC belt drive kit, will sale my current kit (have not priced yet, should be close to price of 12-16 kits)
BDX prolite drive shaft with 8 tooth drivers (going for a little weight loss) ($299.95 - would be less if you just went drivers)
MC protectors - below brake and chain case ($8.95 per)
MC full skid plate. After seeing what happened with Mac's sled last year won't run without the skid plate. It was that perfect hit and what a mess.
I think that should be about it for a 16 sled. Am I missing anything?
One thing I wasn't sure on is the MC front skid arm with the anti-stab wheel. How critical/necessary is that?

Last edited:
T

tbpatten33

Jul 18, 2011
You talking about the large two piece wheel on the front arm? That's a very affordable part if it's required. The 16' and 17' arm look identical so im sure it will work.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Country Cat has the MC parts listing up. Looks like you can just order the wheel - $4.49 plus the two screws.

MC Front Skid Arm Assembly.gif

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
that job might be a good fit for a greenly hole punch. also do you have part numbers of those MC skid plates?

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Might start cutting on the sled soon. I will do exactly what Kevin did in the link posted above. After getting my hands on the TKI templates, I think a guy is crazy attempting to do this without them. Or some type of template. I know TKI put a tone of time on the R&D, well worth the asking price. The time saved alone not having to mock up a template or measuring out the exact cut locations is money well spent. He's made the process significantly easier!!!!!

Last edited:
M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
how big are those holes ? so I can find a punch

wil grab a template from tki

Premium Features