• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

B&M Fab Skinny Board install. #1 Mod for the Pro Climb

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Any color you want as long as it's black sure rings nice to me these days.

Bryan

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Haha! Perfect.

What's this semi gloss everyone is mentioning? Is that what the matte black on your site is?

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
Working on matching the LE green now. Unfortunately every manufacturer seems to want to change colors every year to a new color that nobody can match easily unless you have an in with a manufacturer. I don't really want to order a custom batch cause it's expensive to do. Any color you want as long as it's black sure rings nice to me these days.

Bryan

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Haha. I own a tire store and I go through this same thing with tires. Every new model has to have a new size of tire and then it's our fault that their oddball size is expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I just talked to brian last night. He said he's got some 'classic' cat green ones but he hasn't matched the limited lighter green yet. Sounds like 2013-2014 snopro green.

2014 is when they switched to snopro green. 2013 and older are just a hair darker. I think my dad's 2016 and my 2014 tunnel are the same color.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I do it for Front Range Arctic Cat cause they order it in batches. If you want that color I can do it but it I'll have to wait until the powder coater is doing it in a batch.

I'm not going to sweat it. That matte sounds fine. After falling off my sled like 6 times on Tuesday, I need traction more than I need some matching pretty finish.

Thanks for getting back to me.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Haha! Perfect.

What's this semi gloss everyone is mentioning? Is that what the matte black on your site is?

fd4c56f388989765962d06fe1c3d5f8b.jpg

Not green or matte but black none the less.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I cut about 3" of plastic bottom panel at the boards off. Opened up the footwells a ton. Can actually get my foot in there now all day long on a deep day. Does not pack snow in there like it used to. More area I can use now. Should have done this when I installed them. Pretty much just cut right before the tube that goes vertical in the front. Started about 3" at bottom of boards and tapered the cut up toward the bolts that hold the toe kick plates on at the vertical part of the tube.

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Do you have any pics?

I cut about 3" of plastic bottom panel at the

boards off. Opened up the footwells a ton. Can actually get my foot in there now all day long on a deep day. Does not pack snow in there like it used to. More area I can use now. Should have done this when I installed them. Pretty much just cut right before the tube that goes vertical in the front. Started about 3" at bottom of boards and tapered the cut up toward the bolts that hold the toe kick plates on at the vertical part of the tube.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Yes do not try to over tighten them. Just get them to bottom out nice and snug, might be able to tighten 1/8th of a turn once bottomed. I lay down pieces of painters tape to get a perfect straight line down, then use a center punch before drilling or the drill bit can walk on you since the bars are round. I forgot what drill bit size is used. Just call BMfab and ask.

so they are not pre drilled or pre marked for the screws?

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Here is the white on orange, I ended up putting a quick clip in each side of the wings and each side panel. Looks super clean!

20160227_204720.jpg 20160227_204636.jpg

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I must correct my last statement about tube boards. VanAmburg makes tube boards with extruded tube like polaris' cooled boards for the outside tube and traction plates welded to the cross tubes.
uploadfromtaptalk1459088426089.jpg

GS6

Premium Features