• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best mods for new 2015 Pro Climb 153" SnoPro Limited

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Is there a way to just add a bar riser/bar forward mount to the steering post on sleds with adjustable height bars?

That's what the AMP riser did on my M8. 2" up and 1" forward if I recall correctly.

If so, will the stock cables reach?

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
I have been reading other posts and see modifications like:

Narrower Running Boards and maybe side panels

Post Forward

Lightweight hoods

Can someone please enlighten me?

The panels can be sucked in a bit when you do narrower boards. Burandt boards get it the narrowest, but if you can still find a set of Rasmussen style Airframes is what I and other like CO2.0 have done. Gets you a touch over 2" narrower in total.

I have also tried 3 different post set-ups at this point, the standard adjustable, the HCR fixed post and the standard cat post with 3" C3 post forward kit. The best has been the post forward kit, just allows me to get out over the front end of the sled, keeps the track in the snow more (instead of a wheely monster, while fun to ride, just makes a mess of technical riding situations) to do work and also allows me to get more leverage in off balance situations and when trying to get the sled on edge when the downhill ski is away from me.

I've only run the BDX intake, but with a headlight delete, its probably the best bang for the buck in terms of weight loss, 10-12 lbs for 400 is SUPER cheap. It is much louder from the intake noise, and you've got to be careful in the tight trees with the frog-skins, but overall a solid package.

We are still waiting on someone to create a side-panel kit that doesn't extend out into the snow and hold the snow at the upper lip like the stock panels do. Sucking the side-panels and bottom panel work with narrower boards can create some fitment issues with side panels, just something to dry-fit and be aware of. With just a few simple mods, the sled is SUPER strong and I have no issues at all riding any technical situation that any pro i've ridden or ride with does. Only advantage the pro carries is getting up out of the snow in my opinion over my cat. Weight is VERY similar and in my opinion that is the largest factor in performance as the "underpowered" pro has proven in the past 4 years. I would start small and make small changes as suggested above, I find that off season changes are REALLY difficult to quantify, as I just can't compare from riding 6 months before. Best of luck!

O
Dec 9, 2010
High falls, NY
The panels can be sucked in a bit when you do narrower boards. Burandt boards get it the narrowest, but if you can still find a set of Rasmussen style Airframes is what I and other like CO2.0 have done. Gets you a touch over 2" narrower in total.

I have also tried 3 different post set-ups at this point, the standard adjustable, the HCR fixed post and the standard cat post with 3" C3 post forward kit. The best has been the post forward kit, just allows me to get out over the front end of the sled, keeps the track in the snow more (instead of a wheely monster, while fun to ride, just makes a mess of technical riding situations) to do work and also allows me to get more leverage in off balance situations and when trying to get the sled on edge when the downhill ski is away from me.

I've only run the BDX intake, but with a headlight delete, its probably the best bang for the buck in terms of weight loss, 10-12 lbs for 400 is SUPER cheap. It is much louder from the intake noise, and you've got to be careful in the tight trees with the frog-skins, but overall a solid package.

We are still waiting on someone to create a side-panel kit that doesn't extend out into the snow and hold the snow at the upper lip like the stock panels do. Sucking the side-panels and bottom panel work with narrower boards can create some fitment issues with side panels, just something to dry-fit and be aware of. With just a few simple mods, the sled is SUPER strong and I have no issues at all riding any technical situation that any pro i've ridden or ride with does. Only advantage the pro carries is getting up out of the snow in my opinion over my cat. Weight is VERY similar and in my opinion that is the largest factor in performance as the "underpowered" pro has proven in the past 4 years. I would start small and make small changes as suggested above, I find that off season changes are REALLY difficult to quantify, as I just can't compare from riding 6 months before. Best of luck!

Is that cause the whole top of the intake is open and covered in frogzskins? I wondered that about their intake. Could you possibly put a 4 stroke louvered hood piece over it to protect it?

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Thanks for the bar riser link and the video. They look great. These links show the type of riser (the AMP one) that I have on my M8. Ironically, it looks like I will have a sled from the first year of the telescopic bars (2009) and the last year of the telescoping bars (2015 except, on the XF High Country models). I think I still have a pivoting bar riser in the shop, I'll have to look.

http://countrycat.com/ccstore/index...eering-post-offset-handlebar-riser-black.html

http://www.aftermarketproducts.com/catalog.php?mach_type=S

http://www.firstplaceparts.com/amp-arctic-cat-snowmobile-riser-telescoping-steering-post.html

Last edited:
B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
Is that cause the whole top of the intake is open and covered in frogzskins? I wondered that about their intake. Could you possibly put a 4 stroke louvered hood piece over it to protect it?

I've given that a thought, or creating a pet screen over the top. Problem with pet screen/frog skin together is the ice that is created in between. Have to give it more thought. Thankfully the intake pulls from the top, bottom and the sides. Worry about 1100 grill just holding snow. Maybe I'm just too close to the trees....

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
Thanks for the bar riser link and the video. They look great. These links show the type of riser (the AMP one) that I have on my M8. Ironically, it looks like I will have a sled from the first year of the telescopic bars (2009) and the last year of the telescoping bars (2015 except, on the XF High Country models). I think I still have a pivoting bar riser in the shop, I'll have to look.

http://countrycat.com/ccstore/index...eering-post-offset-handlebar-riser-black.html

http://www.firstplaceparts.com/amp-arctic-cat-snowmobile-riser-telescoping-steering-post.html

I've tried risers that lean/angle forward, I prefer the riser to be inline with the post having done it both ways. Gives a more natural swing to the bars from lock to lock in my opinion. More direct force into the sled as you transition to being on edge.

Last edited:
O
Dec 9, 2010
High falls, NY
I've given that a thought, or creating a pet screen over the top. Problem with pet screen/frog skin together is the ice that is created in between. Have to give it more thought. Thankfully the intake pulls from the top, bottom and the sides. Worry about 1100 grill just holding snow. Maybe I'm just too close to the trees....

Yeah the icing would be a problem. I really want the new hood setup on the prolites. I love the way it looks. For now i just have my homemade snorkel style intake so i can plow into all the trees i want haha. Trees are for traction!

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Should I be looking for another set of MDS weights (I have on in my 09 M8 already) for the 2015? It also sounds like a 911 clutch cover may be in order?

Another clutching related question I have is, is there any word that Cat may be making the 2016 clutching parts available to 2012 to 2015 owners for a reduced cost?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Should I be looking for another set of MDS weights (I have on in my 09 M8 already) for the 2015? It also sounds like a 911 clutch cover may be in order?

Another clutching related question I have is, is there any word that Cat may be making the 2016 clutching parts available to 2012 to 2015 owners for a reduced cost?

Seems the MDS work, but there has been mixed reviews above 10,000 feet with the proclimbs. The covers are not not a bad idea if you have a clutch that binds, if not they are not entirely necessary. The cost of one is half of a new team primary.

I kind of doubt Cat will reduce the price of the 16 clutches to previous owners. They already did that once with one round of updates and the 2014 secondaries. Seems to have fixed most of the early issues.

F

fast8seccamaro

Oct 22, 2010
Thorsby Alberta
I'm still up in the air if the Team clutches are the fix for all that is wrong with the cat clutching, only time and miles will tell. I can tell you I blew up every part in a stock cat clutch and had nothing but problems on my 925BB untiI did a 911 cover, billet spider, harden machine washer behind the spider and adjusted weights. Not cheap but working awesome now. It's a good design but buit with **** parts!

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
My 2015 Snopro came with an aluminum bottom gear, I replaced it with a TKI belt drive. Hcr post, gripper skis and Diamond S can. I have not dove into clutching yet.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Don't overthink to much about intake frogzkins.
If you poke a hole, use some tape and buy a new one.

Have hammered mine in the tight trees for 1 season and it has hold up really good :)
Best mod I have done!!

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I'm still up in the air if the Team clutches are the fix for all that is wrong with the cat clutching, only time and miles will tell. I can tell you I blew up every part in a stock cat clutch and had nothing but problems on my 925BB untiI did a 911 cover, billet spider, harden machine washer behind the spider and adjusted weights. Not cheap but working awesome now. It's a good design but buit with **** parts!

It seems there are ones like this out there and then there are some like mine that haven't had a problem (yet anyway). Both the stock primary and secondary have been holding up on my '14 pro-lite 900. I've just had to adjust weights for elevation. It only has 1100 miles on it so far though. If it makes it to 2k I'll probably replace the primary for piece of mind.

I've poked two small holes in my BDX intake frogzskins right up front in two seasons. Like catothom said, tape it and ride. I put clear silicone on the rips to fix them and will run them until I really tear one bad.

Last edited:
O
Dec 9, 2010
High falls, NY
I think its hit or miss. My buddy has 2400 miles on his 14 M8 Bd Race gas turbo on the stock clutches minus adjustable weights. And my other friend has 3200 miles on His 13 M8 with a dakota big bore and their clutches have been fine. Then my other buddy with a bone stock 14 XF HC is on his second primary and sled only has 800 miles!

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Oh...oh JasonAK, so your lower gear WAS aluminum on a 2015 Sno pro?

I see I am going to have to pull my chaincase cover off to double check my lower gear.

Going to an aluminum gear sprocket in the chain case is almost as silly as going to aluminum carbides to save weight!

Premium Features