• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 BDX Pro-Lite!!!

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
My buds put one on a scale... The one that bought the Pro lite was pretty disappointed when it was only 30lbs lighter than a 11 m8 with a turbo.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Keep those shovel pockets in the flatlands. Love BDX products, but put the avy gear on your body NOT your sled, this is just basic avalanche protocol.

Unless you roll like me - keep one inside the backpack in good working condition and protected from elements so it functions properly in an emergency and one on the tunnel for general/stuck use. :face-icon-small-hap

So yes, x2 more pictures of the tunnel pack please!!!!

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
Keep those shovel pockets in the flatlands. Love BDX products, but put the avy gear on your body NOT your sled, this is just basic avalanche protocol.

shovel / tunnel packs hold a sled to sled bungie, tow strap, and water bottle+ extras perfectly.

thanks for the safety lesson.. .......

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Oh come on lol. If you haven't learned that the saw, shovel, pull strap, Leatherman need to be on your body you haven't been stuck enough lol.

That gear on the tunnel is for the movies. Get out and explore a bit lol.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Oh come on lol. If you haven't learned that the saw, shovel, pull strap, Leatherman need to be on your body you haven't been stuck enough lol.

That gear on the tunnel is for the movies. Get out and explore a bit lol.

I have all that in my pack, have since I started, I just asked for a photo so relax everybody

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
You guys on the Cats getting stuck on the flats to be needing a shovel and sno-bunji all the time?:face-icon-small-ton Cant remember the last time I used either... I always just use gravity.

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
So, here's the thinking on the shovel pack that attaches to the tunnel.

If you are wearing an airbag pack, you carry one shovel in your airbag pack and one on a tunnel bag.

You do not want to take off your airbag back to access a shovel if your are stuck in or below avalanche terrain. You keep the pack on and the safety it provides while you use the shovel from the tunnel bag.

You still carry a shovel in your airbag pack in case you get separated from the sled, the sled gets buried and for a more effective rescue since your shovel is always with you.

If you do not have an airbag pack and only have one shovel, it is stored in your back pack. Riders have died in avalanches due to the rescuers having their only shovels on their sled which was buried.

Mike Duffy
Avalanche1.com
Avalanche education for mountain riders.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Is this the same shovel pack that Arctic Cat has on page 131 of their 2015 accessory catalog? I kinda like the idea of having a slim, low profile, easily removable bag that I can put my spare gloves, fleece layer, and other small misc items in and get some more weight out of my backpack. And I have a spare shovel sitting at home I could put on the sled too and not have to hassle with the straps of my avy bag to get to mine when someone is stuck bad.

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Is this the same shovel pack that Arctic Cat has on page 131 of their 2015 accessory catalog? I kinda like the idea of having a slim, low profile, easily removable bag that I can put my spare gloves, fleece layer, and other small misc items in and get some more weight out of my backpack. And I have a spare shovel sitting at home I could put on the sled too and not have to hassle with the straps of my avy bag to get to mine when someone is stuck bad.

Yes, it is the Arctic Cat shovel pack. Part #6639-782

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
Put a real set of ski's on it. Crazy to spend that much on a sled and have to swap out skis because the stock ones are that bad. The Prolite helps cover just how bad the skis are compared to a stock sled but wow do grippers make a big difference on it.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Are the wraps going to stick this year and be put on by someone who cares in a well lit shop? Are the pipes going to fit so they don't melt the sheet out of the plastics? Are you going to cut the stock boards off with a chainsaw like you did on my 14? Will it have a straight pipe and no stinger so it's just slightly louder than the 14s? Will it ship with useable skis or the crap stock ones(really, don't swap out the narrow, crappy unusable skis in a $19,000 sled)? Will anyone at Bikeman answer a phone call, PM or email if I need some tuning help? Will you send me a garbage map to replace the decent map it came with(the original map worked pretty good at elevation but it wasn't great at 4000-6000)? Will you send it with spindles made out of cheese like the 14s. BTW I haven't given up on the sled, there's a lot I like and after I fixed most of the above issues at my own expense I don't feel like dumping it yet. If you would sort me out on the spindles, mapping, some customer service and plastics I wouldn't give up on you either.

F

fast8seccamaro

Oct 22, 2010
Thorsby Alberta
Are the wraps going to stick this year and be put on by someone who cares in a well lit shop? Are the pipes going to fit so they don't melt the sheet out of the plastics? Are you going to cut the stock boards off with a chainsaw like you did on my 14? Will it have a straight pipe and no stinger so it's just slightly louder than the 14s? Will it ship with useable skis or the crap stock ones(really, don't swap out the narrow, crappy unusable skis in a $19,000 sled)? Will anyone at Bikeman answer a phone call, PM or email if I need some tuning help? Will you send me a garbage map to replace the decent map it came with(the original map worked pretty good at elevation but it wasn't great at 4000-6000)? Will you send it with spindles made out of cheese like the 14s. BTW I haven't given up on the sled, there's a lot I like and after I fixed most of the above issues at my own expense I don't feel like dumping it yet. If you would sort me out on the spindles, mapping, some customer service and plastics I wouldn't give up on you either.

Easy there Matte! They have a new shovel back and plastic coming! But yes, I agree on everything above and more!

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
So, here's the thinking on the shovel pack that attaches to the tunnel.

If you are wearing an airbag pack, you carry one shovel in your airbag pack and one on a tunnel bag.

You do not want to take off your airbag back to access a shovel if your are stuck in or below avalanche terrain. You keep the pack on and the safety it provides while you use the shovel from the tunnel bag.

You still carry a shovel in your airbag pack in case you get separated from the sled, the sled gets buried and for a more effective rescue since your shovel is always with you.

If you do not have an airbag pack and only have one shovel, it is stored in your back pack. Riders have died in avalanches due to the rescuers having their only shovels on their sled which was buried.

Mike Duffy
Avalanche1.com
Avalanche education for mountain riders.

Good info! I am surprised that Dam Dave isn't telling you to go pound sand for this good advice.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
very true- I often take off my Avy bag to dig out my Shovel

I have thought to myself a few times, I sure hope this thing doesn't slide while i'm digging out my Shovel from my AVY bag, but I really don't have a good place to carry an additional shovel on my sled after tool kit, extra gas, etc.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
what turbo's do u offer with the 940

and what kind of HP. is the result, do you offer any aftermarket skids to keep the power on the ground, ie KMOD or MTN. tamer, or ezryde.

Premium Features