• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

light weight can.

which can would you buy?

• 2.5 lb can noisy

Votes: 31 13.7%
  • 3.5 lb can like stock

Votes: 196 86.3%

• Total voters
A
Jan 16, 2008
quiet. After riding with a couple loud cans, i realized i like to have a converstion while eating lunch. not have my ear drums blown out by a canned sled.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Quiet. I like quiet so much my 14 still has the stock 20lb can on it.

ridin da yamacat

C

cowkiller

Nov 26, 2007
Eugene Or.
I put a HPS Can on my 14 ltd. It is just a little too loud for me . But I like the weight,the fit and the finish. Nice piece
It has the BRAPPP for sure. Like 17 lbs. weight savings. That is huge.

SHOOT DEERE IT IS

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2013
WI
I went from the "quiet" Bikeman can to a HPS and I think the HPS is about perfect. Definitely quieter than the Bikeman can and quite a bit smaller as well. Surprised me the fist time I rode it. Nothing like the crack of the Zuk 800 when the power valves crack open:rockon:

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
Quite and 1 lbs heavier FOR SURE. After 20 years of riding loud sleds, I can really appreciate the quieter cans. 1 lb isn't going to make or break it for me, but the decibel level will for sure. That is one thing I really enjoy about both the XM and especially a totally stock pro. The stock can is light and quiet.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
MMSports

Please be a responsible member of the snowmobile industry and DONT offer a loud can.

Loud cans shut down riding areas and just create more snowmobile haters.

Loud cans just scream ignorance and are the preferred can of parking lot poseurs, "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!"

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
I must be getting old because I would go with the quiet one also. Ride with 3 bikemans and they are just stupid loud. My Cutler after 2 years is also getting a bit loud for my taste.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Quiet light with one of those insert thingamjiggies for better back pressure. Would be all the rage.

Sent from my LG-LS696 using Tapatalk 2

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Not 100% true.

In the places where there are not a bunch of granola crunchers and tree huger it ok. But you are right in Ca and CO and any other place I don't ride yes we should not sell loud can. :face-icon-small-coo

MMSports

Please be a responsible member of the snowmobile industry and DONT offer a loud can.

Loud cans just scream ignorance and are the preferred can of parking lot poseurs, "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!"

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
I bought the SW can one of the heaviest aftermarket cans/mufflers but its a 12lb weight savings and it does not sound like a MBRP.

Last edited:

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
MMSports

It's funny you refer to me as a parking lot poser, (not directly, but I like loud). I don't run loud just to be loud, but if louder performs better, I run it. That being said, it is very rare for me to unload in a parking lot.
I call it crowded if another vehicle shows up that day. Most days it takes chains and shoveling to get there and back.

Point being, responsibility to an urban setting with large crowds isn't always the same as those of us who have the ability and desire to run the road less traveled.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
In the places where there are not a bunch of granola crunchers and tree huger it ok. But you are right in Ca and CO and any other place I don't ride yes we should not sell loud can. :face-icon-small-coo

Oh man. I'm sorry to call you out on your comment.....

BUT THIS IS EXACTLY WHY THE GREENIES AND GRANOLA CRUNCHERS ARE WINNING.

I love riding Idaho but you guys aren't safe there either. NOBODY snowmobiles in a bubble anymore. The enviro nazi's are EVERYWHERE.

Do you even realize that the greenies are trying to turn Island Park into a National Monument? (Meaning no or very restricted motorized access?)

Loud pipes are just plain retarded. There, I said it.

If you think I'm a pu$$y for saying that-- so be it. Just know that I spent five years working in Motogp (motorcycle Roadracing World Championship) where the sound "limit" was 130 dB. I've worked in motorcycle roadracing for over 20 years.

There is no place for loud pipes anymore-- this is not the 1970's. How many riding areas have we lost in the last 10 years?

Can we really afford to lose anymore?

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I like the way my stock '14 m8000 sounds, but would like to lose the suitcase. If there was I lite weight can with similar sound to stock I'd be interested.

Premium Features