• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lets see your Viper

B
Dec 18, 2007
Will post some pics tomorrow. Just wrapping up my build. MCX 270 turbo 174 x 3" skinz boards, narrow a arms evol shocks, racers edge skid and prob a bunch of expensive stuff I can't think of at the moment. Wasn't overly thrilled first ride out but was way off the mark with suspension boost and clutching. After some adjustments I'm starting to forget about my nytro. Pulls extremely strong and 3" track is incredible. Definitely a different balance point then the nytro I found myself over riding this chassis a lot. Far easier to carve and sidehill. MCX kit is a very nice install their fit and finish improves every year. Going to end up plumbing intake out of the hood and prob doing something custom with the exhaust.

Cheers
LL

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
I saw one with boost it set up at Edmonton snow show, was a piece or art ... incredible looking Yamaha.

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
The Vipers look beautiful NM. What do they handle/feel like? Still feel like a 4 stroke or more nimble?

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
The Vipers look beautiful NM. What do they handle/feel like? Still feel like a 4 stroke or more nimble?
The handling is awesome in comparison to past models, but it doesn't totally mask the weight. Still a bit more ski pressure than a 2 smoke but Yamaha did a good job of getting the motor in the middle of the chassis which helps a lot.

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Is the motor lower or up like the Apex? Really like the look of the white one!!

Last edited:
N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Is the motor lower or up like the Apex? Really like the look of the white one!!

The motor is up a bit which helps the get the sled on its side. When a motor is really low in a chassis it seems like the sled is always trying to right itself. When the motor is up a bit then it has a higher tipping point and let's it get on the side easier.
Low motors are great for trail sleds, not needed on a mountain sled.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
10 new Vipers in the shop right now.

Is it just an allusion or is there a HUGE amount of space between the side panel and the clutches? AC could really pull the plastics in on these sleds and narrow them up!

Premium Features