• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MBMS/BLIJAS 2014 M8000 162" Sno Pro 1st Build

Snowedunder

Premium Member
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Do i see a coolent reservoir on that thing, am pretty sure my 13 does not have one, whats up with that. can i put one on without to much work. How does that stage three work against the big bores?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Coolant bottle is one of the updates from 13 to 14. Supposed to be slightly lighter than whatever was there before.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
BD-X A-Arm and Spindle Kit

We installed the BD-X front end tonight. The most time consuming part of the install is the removal of the intake and throttle bodies and re-assembly. We already had that stuff out. Nice parts and fairly easy install. We forgot to weight the stock and BD-X but will be doing some more soon and will update.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Woody's Sled

This will be my demo for the season. This sled will be set up the same as Jason's with the mods listed in the first post. This sled will be available for demo rides around Mt Baker this winter. We should have cylinders back and other parts next week so we can make things happen.

Thank you
Woody

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Number 2 is torn down and engine parts are off to SLP for modification.

Now we wait.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Rear Suspension

We put a couple of the rear skids together today. Stock skid weighs about 43lbs and with BD-X arms and idlers removed it weighs just under 36lbs.

The BD-X arms account for about 4.5lbs. The rest is lost by removing the idlers wheels and mounts.

We had to use 2013 hardware as the BD-X arms are not set up for the new smaller diameter mounting hardware. BD-X is working on a solution for this.

BLIJAS

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
BELLINGHAM, WA
Idlers

I am running the bdx ones on the shock shaft. I had some wear last year with nothing there...Woody is running nothing, can't give up the 1/2 pound!!:face-icon-small-coo

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
IT IS AWESOME!!!

Hi everyone, we wanted to get some updated photos up tonight. We should finish the orange sled this week and weigh it and a stocker right out of the crate side by side.

Last edited:

1000cat

Apr 27, 2002
kent wa
proclimb

looks very nice,the way arctic cat should of done it to start with.look forward to seeing the weight.could you add up the retail price price of the sled and new parts and labor and see if you could of just bought a BDX complete just wondering what it would be $$.i know half the fun is building it just curious.nice job.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
looks very nice,the way arctic cat should of done it to start with.look forward to seeing the weight.could you add up the retail price price of the sled and new parts and labor and see if you could of just bought a BDX complete just wondering what it would be $$.i know half the fun is building it just curious.nice job.

It would be similar to the price of the Pro-Lite but this works well for our customers, our dealership, Arctic Cat, SLP and BD-X.

Thanks,
Woody

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Nice work! This sled can be called a mini Pro Lite :D Got the looks, just not all the parts :) That is what I want to do, just minus the engine mod, since stock is more than enough for me riding at sea level.

BTW, how is the BDX hood install? Quick job or a PTA?

Last edited:
Premium Features