• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 PRO LITE BY BLACK DIAMOND EXTREME

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--With the weight shown in picture 427lbs, subtract 5lbs = 422lbs for tank yet to be installed then add back in appropriate lbs for coolant and 1 cup of gear oil. Should still come in around 430ish and lighter than the 13 Pro RTR no gas at 438lbs by 8lbs.

--Lighten it up even more for another $1500 with belt drive, HCR cooler(next biggest, cost effective weight loss), and driveshaft. These mods could be worth around 15lbs for a RTR no gas weight of around 415lbs RTR no gas.

--2013 Pro 238lbs RTR(the "holy grail of flickable snowmobile weights") compared to 415lbs PC with +40-50HP = 23lbs less than Pro(and a few more $)

--You could turbo a Pro, add a water/air cooler and gain some weight for the same money, but you still have a weak crankshaft and loose pistons

--After all these mods to the PC, it is a stronger, solid, more powerful, and reliable machine

Last edited:
R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
--With the weight shown in picture 427lbs, subtract 5lbs = 422lbs for tank yet to be installed then add back in appropriate lbs for coolant and 1 cup of gear oil. Should still come in around 430ish and lighter than the 13 Pro RTR no gas at 438lbs by 8lbs.

--Lighten it up even more for another $1500 with belt drive, HCR cooler(next biggest, cost effective weight loss), and driveshaft. These mods could be worth around 15lbs for a RTR no gas weight of around 415lbs RTR no gas.

--2013 Pro 238lbs RTR(the "holy grail of flickable snowmobile weights") compared to 415lbs PC with +40-50HP = 23lbs less than Pro(and a few more $)

--You could turbo a Pro, add a water/air cooler and gain some weight for the same money, but you still have a weak crankshaft and loose pistons

--After all these mods to the PC, it is a stronger, solid, more powerful, and reliable machine

You realize you are comparing a full mod sled that would be $7500 more to a completely stock sled right?

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
-yes, i realize, but it's fun to compare. Based on current pricing of $17,000 and $12,200 of PC and Pro, that is $4800 difference. A turbo and new top end or big bore would make the most sense with the Pro, since the chassis is relatively light.

--So, for an extra $4800, would a person want to ride a Pro-Lite or a heavier pg Pro(yes, the Pro is now considered heavy)? --I'll take a Pro-lite-- (just my opinion)

Last edited:
H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
-yes, i realize, but it's fun to compare. Based on current pricing of $17,000 and $12,200 of PC and Pro, that is $4800 difference. A turbo and new top end or big bore would make the most sense with the Pro, since the chassis is relatively light.

--So, for an extra $4800, would a person want to ride a Pro-Lite or a heavier pg Pro(yes, the Pro is now considered heavy)? --I'll take a Pro-lite-- (just my opinion)

This man has got a great point here!!!

To make it apples to apples all youd have to do is but any big bore on the pro, cause they all are around that price for the pro other then the RKtek

Last edited:
R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Here's my math
$16599 for 153" pro-lite (Im assuming this is the cheapest your gonna get it for)
$10949 for stock pro 155" (price at a local dealer right now)
= $5650 difference
+ $1500 for belt drive on pro lite
= $7150 difference
So pretty close to my original figure of $7500 difference and Im not even adding the price of the hcr cooler you mentioned above.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Here's my math
$16599 for 153" pro-lite (Im assuming this is the cheapest your gonna get it for)
= $5650 difference
= $7150 difference
So pretty close to my original figure of $7500 difference and Im not even adding the price of the hcr cooler you mentioned above.

You're close, but what about the hp difference? So how much would it cost to get the Pro up to 190hp? And what about the Poo warranty after upping th hp to said 190? What's the math for that?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Warranty folks, warranty....

NO... I disagree.

MOTOR I'd buy without a warranty any day & twice on sunday.

In 11 I bought my turbo installed right off the floor, didn't need to ride it first, didn't need to think about how long it would last, because I know how the cat motor runs, with or without boost.

What's great about the cat isn't the warranty... it's that it doesn't NEED one!:yo:

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Here's my math
= $5650 difference
= $7150 difference

You can't add in the 1500 for the belt drive cause it don't need it to be lighter! So 5650 is the difference, but if you wanna try to be apples to apples here.... 5800 for PAR 910cc big bore so your already 150 more then the pro lite and still heavier annnnnnnnnd no warranty to boot!

Thanks but I'll still take the Pro-lite!!!

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
If your choosing the 427lb Proclimb over the Pro then you don't need the capabilities of the pro chassis. You never hear someone say they switched to the pro because they love the engine, power,suspension, and trail manners... They love its technical riding capabilities. People switch because with the pro the rider is the limiting factor. The weight isn't what is needed to turn this sled into a "burandt" approved machine. Making an apple lighter still doesn't allow it to compete with an orange... But the apple sure does soak up those bumps and climb those hills :bounce:

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Pro-Lite technical handling qualities are yet to be determined -- though they are likely to improve without sacrificing much anywhere else (with plus 50hp)

rmk800ak

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2002
Fairbanks AK.
If your choosing the 427lb Proclimb over the Pro then you don't need the capabilities of the pro chassis. You never hear someone say they switched to the pro because they love the engine, power,suspension, and trail manners... They love its technical riding capabilities. People switch because with the pro the rider is the limiting factor. The weight isn't what is needed to turn this sled into a "burandt" approved machine. Making an apple lighter still doesn't allow it to compete with an orange... But the apple sure does soak up those bumps and climb those hills :bounce:

A "Burant" approved machine? They pay me 7million and give me all my sleds I'll put my name on a Elan! I bet Bassmussan approves his Ski-doo's as well! Thats like the supplement companys saying dr approved on all there crap! Money talks! You can say all you want about how the Pro is so much better but in the real world the rider is always the limiting factor! No matter what sled your on! They all have there Pro's and Con's! This sled is a custom built sled that is pretty sweet with a warrenty. With the same rider it should and will stomp a stock sled! Jmo!

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT

Im sorry but the 50+ pounds of weight, narrow front end and its rear suspension in my opinion is what makes the pro what it is! Or do you happen to think its some kind of magic mojo imaginary fairy farts or something????

There is no reason that this pro-lite wont ride just as nice if not better then your holy pro, im betting the fact that it will do everything just as easy! Also dont go tossing in burandts name like he will only ride a pro, if yammi was offering him more money id guarantee he'd be hoping ship and riding the big heavy blue turds!

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah

I re-read this and the second time, I think you're saying the Pro has technical capabilities and a lame motor and lame suspension. So the Pro can't be compared to the Pro-Lite because the Pro only does one thing and the Pro-Lite could do it all much better and faster! The Pro's are slow turds on the hill!!!

Comparing these two sleds really isn't worth doing because the Pro-Lite is a full mod. Even if the Pro had a PAR 910, it still wouldn't compare! It wouldn't have the HP or the capabilities of the Pro-Lite!

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
A "Burant" approved machine? They pay me 7million and give me all my sleds I'll put my name on a Elan! I bet Bassmussan approves his Ski-doo's as well! Thats like the supplement companys saying dr approved on all there crap! Money talks! You can say all you want about how the Pro is so much better but in the real world the rider is always the limiting factor! No matter what sled your on! They all have there Pro's and Con's! This sled is a custom built sled that is pretty sweet with a warrenty. With the same rider it should and will stomp a stock sled! Jmo!

Burandt approves his poo's but I still see him in his schooled videos on "old" M8s. There's a few different clips of him on them.

It's like Chris Farley in Tommy Boy "They have a guarantee on the box, but all they are selling you is a guaratneed piece of ****" :face-icon-small-ton Pay anyone a good sum of money they will approve it.

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
LOL I agree that the pro lite will outperform the pro in every area except technical riding. My m-series still outperforms the pro climb chassis in technical riding. The 50lbs weight isn't the issue with the technical riding aspect of the pro climb chassis. The narrow front end doesn't fix the geometry issues/spindle location. The proclimb shines everywhere else!

As far as rider skills if i stick wyoboy on a pro and someone "burandt approved" on a pro-lite and they battle it out in the trees you think Wyo is going to walk away with his head down... I think we have different perspectives of technical riding.

I said "burandt approved" because it represented the technical riding aspect not that its the holy grail of approval....:face-icon-small-sho They all support the hand that feeds them.

Pro-lite should rip but it is still a proclimb chassis with a racer front end...Everyone was comparing this to a pro but after riding them both every weekend i thought the stock proclimb beat it everyplace but one. This is clearly the best improvement you can do for the $$$. I hope they sell out and this factory warranty mod sleds continue every year its better for everyone!

And for any confusion i will still be riding my proclimb this season...

Premium Features