• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Are you for it, Pro vs M8-PC, should cat make the changes

would you like to see the changes listed.

• Yes, I would like to see the changes made or at least an option

Votes: 138 87.9%
  • No, I like it how it is

Votes: 19 12.1%

• Total voters

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
All the BS aside.
It is My Opinion there are some pretty simple changes that could be made to the M8-PC that would make it a far better Backcountry sled.

Better skis
Better steering radius
Skinnier body and boards, like the 2013 pro is going to have with added traction
come within 15lbs of the pro

These things alone I think would make the PC do what the pro will, all these things are also worse on the PC than they where on the M.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT PROBLEMS, BELTS, ENGINES, ETC..... ONLY ABOUT THESE CHANGES.

I am pretty sure next year will have 38" ski stance so not to worried about that. The other thing that would be nice is to drop the bars at least 2" with the current adjustable riser. Its way to tall as is.

So if the above changes where made, are you for it or would it turn you away.

Keep it simple yes or no.

BTW, if you read Bret Ras. blog I'm pretty sure he would agree.

Last edited:

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
cant see then changing the body or boards on a new sled and everybody that rides mine comment about liking the boards

get rid of adjustable post

lower seat
lighter seat
storage
lose weight
quality coil over shocks instead of floats

a stripped down minimalist SP snowcheck

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Wonder how the rassumsen steering extender would work on the m1100t? Hmmmm. Tighter steering radius is never a bad thing.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I'm talking about running boards that are better than the current ones just narrow, I am also talking about it for a backcountry sled not for those that don't ride like some of us that want different aspects for that kind of riding.

The tapered tunnel really screwed us on the width and from day one I was against it, yes it is nice but not functional for a backcountry sled that you stand on one side more than in the middle.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
Better skis
Better steering radius
Skinnier body and boards, like the 2013 pro is going to have with added traction
come within 15lbs of the pro

These things alone I think would make the PC do what the pro will, all these things are also worse on the PC than they where on the M.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT PROBLEMS, BELTS, ENGINES, ETC..... ONLY ABOUT THESE CHANGES.

cant see then changing the body or boards on a new sled and everybody that rides mine comment about liking the boards

get rid of adjustable post

lower seat
lighter seat
storage
lose weight
quality coil over shocks instead of floats

a stripped down minimalist SP snowcheck

Jeez DAVE! Way to get off topic!

;)

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Talking about changes is fine with me, I agree with most of what dave added also, but those don't effect extreme backcountry riding, the main point I am getting at.

This doesn't apply to the M11T either, it only applies to the M8-PC and Pro, and only as a backcountry sled weather its the base sled or as a option much like the HCR,

IMO, Bret's steering fix is not a correct fix, its a bandaid and is better then stock though.

Last edited:
D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
The PC needs different skis, but my pro has powder pros, so it's not a huge deal.
I don't think AC will be able to lose the 50# to bring it within 15# of the pro. But they should make an attempt to lose some weight and it ridiculous that they built a brand new chassis that is heavier than the chassis it replaced.

I can take the pc anywhere I can take the pro, but yes 38" ski stance on the pc would be better.
I didn't vote up top.:high5:

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Talking about changes is fine with me, I agree with most of what dave added also, but those don't effect extreme backcountry riding, the main point I am getting at.

This doesn't apply to the M11T either, it only applies to the M8-PC and Pro, and only as a backcountry sled weather its the base sled or as a option much like the HCR,

IMO, Bret's steering fix is not a correct fix, its a bandaid and is better then stock though.

you are the minority on board width, I can see where narrow would help but all my Pro riding buddies that have ridden my PC get off wishing they had wider boards, just a fact :ranger:

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
How about a different rear skid? Maybe the one I rode wasn't set up properly, but that was a big difference in my comparison. I am hearing rumors about that very thing...combine that with the things you mention in the original post, and I am very intrigued.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
This doesn't apply to the M11T either, it only applies to the M8-PC and Pro,
QUOTE]

Hey Wyo. . . Give me as many days in the mountains as you get a year and I will walk all over you with my m11t.

ARE YOU LISTENING NOW? Rather than just running your flapper?

So now tell me why these changes wouldn't apply to the m11t?

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
QUOTE]

Hey Wyo. . . Give me as many days in the mountains as you get a year and I will walk all over you with my m11t.

Oh snap!

:popcorn::popcorn::ranger::ranger:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
QUOTE]

Oh, now your going to get hurt that I think the heavy pig need not apply, I've rode 5 times this year on the PC, so it should be pretty even, come on over and lets ride and even if you follow me through the trees I will give you 100 as a friendly donation for your time.

I don't mean to offend anyone but some of you really don't know what I'm getting at when I say extreme backcountry riding, has more to do with function and weight then hp.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
you are the minority on board width, I can see where narrow would help but all my Pro riding buddies that have ridden my PC get off wishing they had wider boards, just a fact :ranger:

Not when it comes to people that ride like I do, or all the cat guys that now own a pro. If you put the narrow boards like you see on the '13 pro on a PC then take your buddies into some steep trees and start throwing the sled and sliding down hills trying to sidehill down hill. Your buddies would either say, I don't ride like that and would rather have wide boards, or they would agree. Why do your riding buddies own pro's then, if you like wide boards then the cat is a better sled.

Minority, look at the pole numbers, maybe not all think the boards need narrow but rather agree that changes need to be made.

Last edited:
D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
Oh, now your going to get hurt that I think the heavy pig need not apply, I've rode 5 times this year on the PC, so it should be pretty even, come on over and lets ride and even if you follow me through the trees I will give you 100 as a friendly donation for your time.

I don't mean to offend anyone but some of you really don't know what I'm getting at when I say extreme backcountry riding, has more to do with function and weight then hp.

Wyoboy, when are they gonna make a movie out of you?

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Minority, look at the pole numbers, maybe not all think the boards need narrow but rather agree that changes need to be made.

I didn't vote because your poll is flawed, I suspect many that voted didn't agree with all your changes but voted anyway:ranger:

Premium Features