• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Talk to me about GAUGES for the MPI Supercharger

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This is interesting!!

X-2 BOOST / AIR / FUEL RATIO AND TEMPERATURE
Price: $499.95
BA029001

This new multi-function unit is a great tool for all horsepower enthusiast that are upgrading their engine with Turbo or Supercharger. Following many requests, we came up with a unit that combines Boost, air fuel ratio and a temperature function who can be installed on the cooling system or the intercooler. This gauge is made to resist cold temperature, water or dust. It can be easily adapt to any engines with turbo or supercharger. The X-2 instrument will give you precious information to help you pull out more horsepower out of the engine or save it from bad damages.

Amazon has this for $413.76
http://www.amazon.com/Koso-North-America-Temperature-BA029001/dp/B005NQTB7Y

Even cheaper at CHASE MOTORSPORTS with free shipping! $389.96!!
http://www.ridewithchase.com/-detail.htm?productId=17814584&optionId=&source=gmf

BA029001.jpg

Last edited:
W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
Chris, have you decided on what gauge you are going to install? MPI highly recommends Pro-logger but i like the size and cost of the Koso x2, wish we could get some info on it. What are your thoughts?

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
I put the Koso boost gauge on my sled last season and it works well. I wish I would have seen/known about this one. I may upgrade this winter.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I think i will do the same. Are you changing your pulley's on your S/C?
I was never lacking for power last year so I see no reason to fiddle with it.

Right now I am waiting for a reply back from Evolution Motorsports about the ECU upgrade.

That is my #1 priority for the sled before the season begins.
They are at HayDays so I am on hold till next week for the monthly Update.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
On my MPI turbo it looks like it was pretty easy - to get the boost measurement they just spliced into the boost line that goes to the GEMS box using a t-connection. That "boost" line runs up to the little black KOSO box that has the sensor (they mounted that to the black plastic radiator shroud) - the wires then run from that up to the gauge (sits to the left of the stock yamaha gauges).

Make sense?

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
On my MPI turbo it looks like it was pretty easy - to get the boost measurement they just spliced into the boost line that goes to the GEMS box using a t-connection. That "boost" line runs up to the little black KOSO box that has the sensor (they mounted that to the black plastic radiator shroud) - the wires then run from that up to the gauge (sits to the left of the stock yamaha gauges).

Make sense?

Could you post a picture?

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
I would like to see how your gauge is mounted and where the wires go if possible. I am going to be installing a MPI 180 Turbo and want to install koso x2 gauge. I have no clue how they hook up.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
OK I went out and snapped a few pics -

This first one shows the KOSO sensor that they mounted to the plastic radiator shroud. The blue line is coming from the "T" in the line that runs to the GEMS Box - measures the boost. The black line is the wires that run up to the gauge.

IMG_3953.jpg

This picture shows the "T" that they used

IMG_3954.jpg

Picture from above that shows the gauge mounted and the sensor below it.

IMG_3955.jpg

View while riding.

IMG_3956.jpg

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Looks good thanks. How many lbs of boost you running? how do you like the kit?

8-9 on my last ride if I remember right - I cleared the memory on the gauge, otherwise I could give you an exact number :)

I really like the kit so far - there is a slight burble once in a while but I can't nail down the exact RPM or condition when it happens (not consistent). The biggest issue I had last winter was the short season - I need to get some more miles on it!

Premium Features