• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MCX Nytro Squak Squak Squak

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
If you are tired of the BOV not opening on partial throttle or boost levels we have come up with a lighter spring to help with this problem. Its for the more current kits with the BOV right above the clutch on the left side of the sled (when sitting on it) Its very easy to change and will get rid of the "Squak" coming out the intake filter at the back which is actually not so good. PM me for details as I have a few of these springs left. Thanks Brendon

Last edited:
N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
If you are tired of the BOV not opening on partial throttle or boost levels we have come up with a lighter spring to help with this problem. Its for the more current kits with the BOV right above the clutch on the left side of the sled (when sitting on it) Its very easy to change and will get rid of the "Squak" coming out the intake filter at the back which is actually not so good. PM me for details as I have a few of these springs left. Thanks Brendon
This would be perfect for the Supercharged guys!

T

Tarzannr1

Aug 16, 2010
North in Norway
www.youtube.com

That sounds great!! I will ask some people here in Norway if they are interested :)

:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-win

Last edited:

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
thistles springs work great. had a chance to ride with it and works.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
can anyone confirm it uses the same BOV as the 240 and 270 kits?? I saw a small pic and it looks to be the same. I would think the 180 would be even worse as 10lbs will hardly open the stock spring. Just need a 180 guy to chime in here and then I will know for sure....

R

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Oct 28, 2010
Swift Current,SK
cant say for sure wether the 180's use the same spring, id have to look. but im going to say yes, cause you next to never hear the BOV on a 180, just squak. lol. The BOV almost never opens on a 180 kit.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
I beleive that for sure.....I will verify that and get back to you guys. Lots of 180 kits out there and alot of guys think this sound is normal....but its not guys. You should hear the guuuuuuush under the hood when the throttle is chopped and the air comes out the BOV not the chirp or squak out the intake:face-icon-small-sho

cant say for sure wether the 180's use the same spring, id have to look. but im going to say yes, cause you next to never hear the BOV on a 180, just squak. lol. The BOV almost never opens on a 180 kit.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Eric confirmed it for me....180, 240 and 270 kits all use the same BOV and spring. Apex kits also.

The 180 kit which I have never rode must be real bad I would think.

PM me if you want more details thanks Brendon

Last edited:

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Well a buddy rode with the latest spring today which is a touch softer that the first batch. He said its right on the money all the way up to 17lbs boost. So I'm gonna get another batch made up. Any of my first guys who commited I'm going to send you a new one once I get them. I need to move some more so anyone with a MCX turbo kit for a nytro, apex or doo you need this spring. PM me for details.

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
Disassembled my intercooler to go to the anodizer. That is one long spring in there. Did you try shortening it a coil to reduce the preload ? Have done that with other blow-off valves.

Premium Features