• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My M1000 build

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I have rode my 2008 M1000 Sno Pro since it was new and have over 10,000 miles on the chassis.
My motor has been case ported and has had the top end ported and clipped.
I now have found the 200+hp too not be enough...so I am starting a new project for next season.

First off,a big thank-you too Whittaker727 for selling me his tunnel,bulkhead and skid.As he has some other parts on the site for sale I highly recommend buying from him,no problems and I got more than I expected.

The tunnel is a Fabcraft 174" with big U tube cooler,powdercoated orange and black.

The skid is a Timbersled with Ice Age 174" rails,powdercoated white with B-D Extreme two wheel kit and scatchers.

I have ordered a Challenger Extreme 174"x 15"x 2 1/2" track.

I am also going too order a Twisted Turbo race gas turbo and get it installed with my extensive porting,this sled is going too rock!!

So I just picked up the tunnel and skid this past weekend and will over the next couple of days start exchanging parts from my old tunnel too the new one.
So here are a few pictures of where I am at and will keep posting pictures as I get it done.

Cheers:face-icon-small-hap

IMG_7362.JPG IMG_7352.JPG IMG_7354.JPG IMG_7355.JPG IMG_7357.JPG IMG_7358.jpg IMG_7356.jpg

Last edited:
W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Glad to help Dave. Now, we need to get together for a ride next winter so I can be mad at myslef for selling perfectly good parts :D Looking forward to more pics of the build.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Today I got most parts off my old sled and will get the motor out tomorrow.
Before I install the motor in the new bulkhead we started to do a major cleanup on the bulkhead.
It will probally be a couple of days before I am finished polishing,she's going to be pretty...too.:face-icon-small-hap

IMG_7363.jpg IMG_7364.jpg IMG_7366.JPG IMG_7370.JPG IMG_7369.jpg IMG_7365.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
thats gonna be sick man, love the orange, my RMK 900 with VE tunnel will be orange/black as well...

gonna stick a turbo on mine next summer...

a Twisted M1000 with a 174 is gonna be untouchable man....

good luck..

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Well we have a little change to this sled build,I bought a 06 Tapex on the weekend and have decided I don't need or can really afford two turbo sleds,so this sled will be put back together without a turbo,atleast for this season anyways.
With over 200 HP and a 174" trach I think it will be capable of going almost anywhere anyways.
So no more waiting for a turbo,we are starting too put her back together and will keep post progress pictures.
I still have a 310 HP Tapex...:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-hap

D
Jun 17, 2009
Wyoming
Well It will still be fun! The porting will be awesome and that 174 is gonna be a powder hound! Best of luck with your turbo Apex(good luck holding on lol). Build looks good. Love the fabcraft tunnel and color!

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
yeh i hear you on dont need 2 turbo sleds, lol..

i am turbo'ing my 06 RMK 900, and installing a 975 big bore on my 05 RMK 900.

your sled will look great and im sure it will be a runner no matter if its stock or turbo...still a GREAT looking sled either way..

good luck

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I am just waiting on a couple of parts and then will start installing the motor.The bulkhead has been polished and soon will get a motor installed in her.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
yeh i hear you on dont need 2 turbo sleds, lol..

i am turbo'ing my 06 RMK 900, and installing a 975 big bore on my 05 RMK 900.

your sled will look great and im sure it will be a runner no matter if its stock or turbo...still a GREAT looking sled either way..

good luck

Its not that I don't want two turbo's,its a matter of affordability and keeping a happy wife.
I will over next summer be thinking seriously about boost for it.:face-icon-small-hap

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I got the motor installed into the Cat yesterday.Today I plan on getting some more parts installed on her.I will post some pictures when I get to the shop.I should have this sled up and running real soon...:face-icon-small-hap
I would have it all together sooner but I keep bouncing around between the Apex and my Cat.
I will have my Tapex complete soon,just waiting on my oilite bushings then I can put the a arms back on and fire this sled up.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Here is some pictures of the tunnel,skid and where I finished last night.I am at my shop now and I am going to put some more parts on her.I can only go so far on it today as I am waiting for a couple of parts before I get to far ahead of myself.
I need to order a Black Diamond Lite diamond drive for it and I am thinking the Challenger Extreme 174" 3" for it.I heard a rumor that Camoplast might build a 15",if not I will cut down a 16".
There are also a couple of pics of my MCX Tapex that I am just putting the finishing touchs on.
Its going to be a great season...:face-icon-small-hap

sled shots 003.jpg sled shots 004.jpg sled shots 014.jpg sled shots 020.jpg sled shots 021.jpg sled shots 006.jpg sled shots 017.jpg

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Today I got all I can install right now as I need a few parts to be able to finish today.
I need the two rivits that hold the lower steering post plate in place.
I over the next couple of days will put the belly pans and front bumper on.
I need to finish up the wiring and bore the last hole in my tunnel for the tunnel dump exhaust.
I also need to hook up all the coolant lines and fill the system.
I am going to wait till September to order the B-D diamond drive and the track.
Here are pictures on how I am leaving the machine today.
I will post more pics as I finish up.
I am totaly stoked to ride it,counting down the days to playing in B.C. powder.:face-icon-small-hap

sled shots nearing completion 003.jpg sled shots nearing completion 004.jpg sled shots nearing completion 007.jpg sled shots nearing completion 020.jpg sled shots nearing completion 021.jpg sled shots nearing completion 023.jpg sled shots nearing completion 033.jpg

D
Jun 17, 2009
Wyoming
Hey Dave great project! The sled looks SICK!Love the Tapex to, have fun thsi winter with those:face-icon-small-coo, I have a few questions: What type drive are you running?factory, black diamond??Also, are you running stock drivers? Again great project enjoy!

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Hey Dave great project! The sled looks SICK!Love the Tapex to, have fun thsi winter with those:face-icon-small-coo, I have a few questions: What type drive are you running?factory, black diamond??Also, are you running stock drivers? Again great project enjoy!

I am going to run the Black Diamond Lite diamond drive with their trackshaft and Avids seven tooth drivers.I can hardly wait to pull the trigger on it...thanks

Last edited:

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Yesterday I completed the tunnel dump exhaust.Not as bad as doing it the first time but need to buy a plasma cutter if I ever have to do it again.

I also finished the plumbing of the coolant lines,one hose is awfull close to the tunnel dump can,I'll have to wrap this hose.
I'll take pics tonight.

Today I will order the three rivits to tie down the bottom of the steering post and then I can get this project completed.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Just wondering, Why are you running a tunnel dump on a non turbo sled? Seems like alot of extra work.

I have the Black Diamond airbox and in the past have sucked my own exhaust in deep powder,always happened at the worst moment.As this wasn't my first time installing one it isn't that bad a job.

Premium Features