• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sway bar question

D
Jun 1, 2004
Big Lake, Minnesota
I know someone makes a quick disconnect for the sway bars but not sure who. Does anyone have them and like them? Are they easy to intall and use? I ride around home in MN and would leave the sway bar hooked up and disconnect it out west when I go. Heck maybe leave it disconnected if I like it alot. Thanks.

D
Nov 27, 2007
Correct me if I'm wrong ... but the Rev sway bar is either in or out, no quick connect kit. Those are only offered for the xp

dooxtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
WY
With a little work the sway bar can be pulled out complete without removing much. I have taken mine out and I prefer riding without one.

D
Jun 1, 2004
Big Lake, Minnesota
I know you can get them out with a little work. But what I am wondering is how will it handle here at home in MN if I remove the sway bar? In the ditches, fields, and some trails (not a big trail fan).

S
Feb 19, 2008
S.E. Idaho
Do as Kelwar does!

I took kelwar's advice and did the same thing that he did. We had this discussion last year some time and ultimately his idea was by far the best. It works out great and gives you the ability to have the best of both worlds. It's pretty quick and easy and I can almost do this as fast as my buddies can to theirs with the quick release.

T

trent4

Mar 3, 2008
Yakima Wa
I prefer riding without the sway bar. The sled does fine on the trails without it. The only thing that changes is a little more body roll. You can go up and down the trail just as quick as you did before as long as you get a little more weight over the inside ski.

I've got an '04 Summit X, and it looks different. There are no links to do this to (looks like a perfect idea though). My swaybar is curved and rides into guides on the A-Arm. I thought a bit about some sort of quick disconnect, but can't think of how to do it.
I guess I'll just pull the dang thing out. Can I do that without cutting it? Anyone know?
Thanks.

8summit8

Dec 7, 2007
NE South Dakota
I've cut 3 of them out, 2 on X packages, 1 on my everest. The X sleds were alright after adjusting the spring a little tighter. The everest didn't have enough adjustment, I bought stiffer springs last spring, hoping it helps. If I had to do it again I would have left it in.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I've got an '04 Summit X, and it looks different. There are no links to do this to (looks like a perfect idea though). My swaybar is curved and rides into guides on the A-Arm. I thought a bit about some sort of quick disconnect, but can't think of how to do it.
I guess I'll just pull the dang thing out. Can I do that without cutting it? Anyone know?
Thanks.

I'm pretty sure on the REV's is has to be cut out unless you are taking a bunch of the sled apart. I know a few guys that have unhooked them and then zip-tied them up to try this year. That way if they don't like the set-up they can hook them back up. I think that is what I'm going to try. I just have to find something better then zip ties.

S
Feb 6, 2008
Have had a rev and an xp and never had to cut anything. Sway bar removal took minutes. The xp was great without it, The rev was a little too soft. by looking at the quick connects I'm sure you could modify the xp one's to fit the rev. worth looking into any how

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
Thanks.

I've cut 3 of them out, 2 on X packages, 1 on my everest. The X sleds were alright after adjusting the spring a little tighter. The everest didn't have enough adjustment, I bought stiffer springs last spring, hoping it helps. If I had to do it again I would have left it in.

I'm pretty sure on the REV's is has to be cut out unless you are taking a bunch of the sled apart. I know a few guys that have unhooked them and then zip-tied them up to try this year. That way if they don't like the set-up they can hook them back up. I think that is what I'm going to try. I just have to find something better then zip ties.

NO !
You do not have to cut anything.
You will have to drill out the pop rivets in the little plastic "Bushing" where the sway bar goes through the sides of the belly pan.

Jack the sled WAY UP in the air and take off the upper A arm bolt on one side (just the top if I remember right) and remove the bottom bolt of that same side shock.
Undo the plastic "sliders" and twist the whole thing out

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
NO !
You do not have to cut anything.
You will have to drill out the pop rivets in the little plastic "Bushing" where the sway bar goes through the sides of the belly pan.

Jack the sled WAY UP in the air and take off the upper A arm bolt on one side (just the top if I remember right) and remove the bottom bolt of that same side shock.
Undo the plastic "sliders" and twist the whole thing out

This is a perfect post!! Finally somebody with the good info we needed. I was looking at this more last night and I was thinking I could maybe get it out but after reading this today I'm going to give it a try. Plus I have all the front suspension out and at the powdercoaters so it should make it easier right now.

Thanks Adrenaline Revolution!!:beer;:beer;

J

jasonsamko

Dec 18, 2008
Michigan
removing a rev sway bar is a 10 minute deal. same with installation. i did it multiple times last season on my 07 short track.

steps:
remove screws from a-arm holders that hold the sway bar to a-arms (a drill with a socket head makes sgort work of these 8 screws).
remove the plastic end caps on the sway bar (a couple taps with a hammer and blunt end insturment like a metal rod or wooden stake works great).
remove the 4 bolts that hold the sway bar to the chassis (2 bolts per side and remove the braces and rubber bushings that hold the bar to the chassis)
lift front of sled about 3 or 4 feet in the air (preferably by the bumper so not to have anything under the skis for interference issues...i used a ratchet strap over the garage rafters)
pull the sway bar out by rotating to follow the curves of the bar.

to install reverse the process. literally a 10 minute deal.

Premium Features