• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 Impulse Turbo with Race Kit

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Question

I'm doing a mountain fit hood and new black plastics. I need some ideas on a cool water dip or sticker kit. Any ideas? I will show the new hood when I get it cut out and installed.

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Mine is black and it looks very similar to the CR hood, but I will definitely shoot some pics when I get it done.

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
Awesome set up! Just wonder if besides the shim, any other engines mods? If not, shouldnt it with that kinda set up, alot of potential hp being missed out on. Thanks

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
With the race kit I run around 16.5 pounds of boost and I promise you that 16 on the race kit is much more than 16 on the non-race kit I had on it before. Not all boosts are created equal.:D Paul told me I would be good to go around 19-20 pounds of boost with good fuel and that is more than enough for now. It all about usable power for me, and to be honest more than 20 would delve into the unusable power realm. I don't remember who said it, maybe Tyler Earl on MMM7, but he was talking about what it would take to climb Monster that day and he said something like "17 is all you need to climb Monster". I do plan on building the engine at the end of the season however. If it was a money issue, I would much rather spend the dough on the skid/tunnel/track than building the engine. Leads me back to the usable power issue. If you can't control and maintain it, no use building that much power IMO. Good question though!

Laters!

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
Still got the sled forsale? What kind of milage does it have? How would one get it up to Canada? thanks for the info!

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Still have the sled. Just put new billet steering bushings to get rid of the wobble that Yammis have and a new Mountain Fit hood. I will be up in Canada (Revy) heading to Stewart just after Thanksgiving. I think the sled has around 1200 miles or so. I can look to be sure though.

Last edited:

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Switched to 50/50 fuel on 15-17 pounds and I love the results. Pulls even harder than before! Also have a lame pic of the hood. I will get some better pics of the hood. Also have the Fox coil over with remote for the rear skid shock. Will also include either an MPI front end, along with the stock stuff. Just replaced all five bearings and chain for good measure!

new hood.jpg

Last edited:

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Thought I would list some of the extras that I have with this sled. I have been collecting parts from the forum and Ebay so that when I go to Canada I have plenty of spare parts for whatever might come up.

Extra very used 174x16x2.5
Extra extro drivers and shaft
Complete chain case with gears and two hyvo chains
Extra set of OEM skiis
Extra OEM shocks, brand new
Complete secondary clutch almost brand new
Extra plastics
OEM blue hood
Three brand new belts
Brand new plugs
Coil over and airwave rear M10 shocks
Spare limiter strapps
and some other stuff I'm probably forgetting:face-icon-small-dis

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
New $!!

I also added a drive shaft and avid drivers to the extras list. Sled will be at Yamafest as well. New price of $22,000:face-icon-small-sho and of course I have the title in hand. :amen:

Premium Features