• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Prolite

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Well I was supposed to pick it up Monday in Cannon Fall right from BDX because it somewhat fit in with my travel plans, but it was delayed (again) until more big bore cylinders show up on Thursday. Then I was going to have them just ship it. Now for fear of shipping delays and a less than perfect sled showing up, I have changed my plans and will be picking it up in person to make sure none of these things happen with mine. I still believe it will be an awesome machine, but the suspense and excitement has turned to anxiety. :face-icon-small-sad First (and hopefully the last) time I will be traveling 2100 miles round trip to get a sled. I honestly don't know how a thing like this happens.

A

anziconda

Dec 10, 2007
Well I was supposed to pick it up Monday in Cannon Fall right from BDX because it somewhat fit in with my travel plans, but it was delayed (again) until more big bore cylinders show up on Thursday. Then I was going to have them just ship it. Now for fear of shipping delays and a less than perfect sled showing up, I have changed my plans and will be picking it up in person to make sure none of these things happen with mine. I still believe it will be an awesome machine, but the suspense and excitement has turned to anxiety. :face-icon-small-sad First (and hopefully the last) time I will be traveling 2100 miles round trip to get a sled. I honestly don't know how a thing like this happens.

Super bummed to hear your story, and I feel this is the beginning of the end for bdx. I don't know if they just don't care anymore or what, but they made a bunch of people unhappy this year. I just got mine...and I rode it 17 miles, light break in riding,and without even going to full throttle, this little 800 is an absolute riot to ride. I love the ol zuk 800 and am plenty happy with its power. The 900's aren't for me.
So the only negative, I pulled over and checked everything and I noticed blue stains on the snow in the belly pan next to the can. Took it home, tore it apart, and found if I tipped the sled to the right side, fuel was literally POURING out the fuel pump flange. They are sending me an updated gasket and in the meanwhile, I sealed the flange with a littler rtv...to me it wasn't a big deal, as I learned how to tear my panels off, etc. the sled is so great to ride, I don't know if it's the bdx kit, or just the 14 chassis, but this thing is effortless to ride! I read too much in snowest to the point of wondering if I was even going to like this sled when I finally got it....well I can honestly say after just 17 easy miles, I got exactly what I was hoping for in this sled!! It's as easy or easier to ride than a pro, and it has great power!! I haven't even worked it yet, and it can already tell, once she is broke in, it's going to be a beast!! I bet the 900 guys will be super happy if my stock 8 runs this well!! So overall, my only beef with bdx at this point is how late the sled was. I hate to be the guy who bitches, so I'm gonna leave it at that. I'm out as I have a 2012 Polaris pro w/stage 3 slp, to eat for breakfast tomorrow?. My ol m1000 was neck and neck with this guy last year, and I think after I break this thing in ill hang with him all day long!!

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
So here is the good. SLED LOOKS AWESOME! When it was brand new and the wrap wasn't falling off people were just blown away with how good the orange/black sled looks. Gettting the tunnels painted on the 14s is a good move by Cat. I have literally zero snow sticking to the tunnel. Had planned on doing a Patrick Motorsports carbon tunnel(freaking awesome part that looks cool, is really strong and has zero snow sticking to it also) but I am going to leave it alone until I bend it(sorry Woody!). The ride and weight transfer are really good. This sled is much less of a wheelie monster than the 13 I rode. I won't be changing the skid on this sled unless it gets a turbo. The ride is stiff in the back , stiffer than I like but it handles well in the deep. Would love to put an RC2 shock on the rear to see if I could soften it up a little but control ski lift too. The sled trenched like a backhoe(the Pros and XMs were trenching too, just a lot less) in the 3-5' of bottomless snow we rode in. It would trench right to the dirt in 3-4' of snow. The sled does keep going though. Man this Pro Lite gets me places that i have to work way harder to get to on a stock 800. My sled was supposed to be set up for 6000-9000 and I rode it mostly over 9000 on this trip. Engine runs really good. Make awesome power and has great throttle response. The clutch engagement is too high and abrupt, right at 5000. This thing must make 120HP at 5000 and anyone who tried to move it or load it got their head snapped back.:face-icon-small-ton Not sure where it is supposed to be clutched for but it was really consistent 8100. The sled SOUNDS like it is loaded up at 3000-5000 but I think that is just the way the pipe/muffler resonate at those RPM. You can go from no throttle to full and any combo in between and there is never a hesitation. The fueling on mine is spot on. I don't like the PP skis. They don't support the sled in deep light snow very well and have a lot of steering effort on the trail, not sure why everyone loves these skis on the Pro Climb. Thank god they fixed the gas neck so you can fill it. Love the Ras boards. I put a ton of screws in them. I don't use the plastic pieces or put screws under the step over bar. Don't want my foot trapped under there. Been drug down the hill with a foot caught in the stirrup before and it sucked. Sorry I don't have a very good side by side with the 872. The 900 sounds so much rortier it seems to make more power but I didn't line them up or switch back and forth YET! The WRP seat is not a seat if you are over 6'. I can't sit down at all, way too low. I really like how easy it is to go from side to side so I will just ride it standing up ALL THE TIME like I have been doing. Thighs were burning at times. Woody put an E start kit on for me which is really expensive and adds a lot of weight but I am too much of a poosy to start this beast 40 times a day. I don't like to let my sled idle much at all. I am running somewhere between 25-28-1 oil mixture. I think oil makes power and the tuning works really well with it this rich. It also only smokes at start up. I think I am using less oil than the ETECs in break in mode too. Over all I am really happy with the Pro Lite.

I don't like the PP skis. They don't support the sled in deep light snow very well and have a lot of steering effort on the trail, not sure why everyone loves these skis on the Pro Climb

I feel the same way, and am going to put the stock 2014 skis back on.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
This thread is kinda making me glad I got my own parts and did my own wrenching. At least I know the right parts went on it before I screwed them up.

Premium Features