• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

best upgrade TSS or new 2.5 track ?

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
i looked around and didn't find this question

i want to ugrade my 14 st MH (crf450r)
i'm thinking track or tss shock

anybody ? thanks

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I think if you have to chose one and you live in the trees and ride in all conditions I would go tss that's what I did.. If you just ride powder and stay in the open do the track ... For me I wanted to get my lt to feel more like an sx in the handling department ... Maybe the track next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Track over TSS, especially if you run the ST. I would maybe (still like the track over TSS if I was short on cash) choose TSS over track depending on your location for riding comfort if you owned an LT. The new track really gives significant gains, especially to the ST.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Probably a hard question to answer since very few people have ridden either the TSS or the 2.5 track. For my kind of riding I would think the track would be better. I've been a little frustrated with the lack of deep powder performance or the 2" track. I ride very aggressive and like to explore new places I maybe shouldn't be and sometimes others won't follow. For me the track makes the most sense.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
the new 2.5R track will make the bike feel more like an SX then the TSS will. THe radius track rolls around SO easily and makes the "bike like" feel come back very impressively. Also definately goes a LOT better in the deep snow, or even moderate conditions. It just grabs traction and rallies. As for 1 or the other. Im doing both because although the track is nice. So is more suspension. But Having ridden new tracks on non TSS kits I can tell you that it makes it SO much more "flickable" the trail is far less scary. The bike just rolls around and is so dang smooth on the harder conditions.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
more track

I put a 2.5 track on my snobike last fall. yup, big improvement. Many times last winter, sitting on a deep powder hillside I could take off in 1st straight up the hill to avoid a tree or start a line I wanted, you look down in some hole for the 1st time and know you can climb straight back out it. Nice
Some adjustments for me on my wooped wr.
Dropped my gearing, that sucker is hooked a LOT and gears you up, felt that right away on fast trails, still have more top speed now, might have to drop again.

More rear suspension tension, tends to push more same as all the sled track upgrades.......varies from one snow condition to the other.

Jumps up on the snow quicker, firmer powder, oh yeah it allowed my mellow wr to run faster with less effort.

Then half way through the year I profiled the track, so so, not the improvement I thought it would be, done that on two other tracks, same result, ok, maybe better.

can't go wrong on the track. Dan's new 2.5 from TS is here and going on his KTM, money well spent.

Premium Features