• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 Pro 155 or 2016 T3 154

R
Oct 10, 2014
Awfully hard to get any unbiased opinions, but Im posting anyway. I currently ride a 2015 Summit 146 and its not long enough. I live in the Northeast where we get plenty of snow, nothing real steep, but ride logging cuts, wooded areas and pretty much back country stuff with generally decent snow conditions. I have had plenty of Cats and Doos and never had a Polaris of any type. I have read the reviews and hype and its got me interested. I am snowchecking either the 155 Pro or the T3 154 Summit. I know each sled has its issues. I guess im worried about the Pro not being rugged enough to withstand the abuse. Again, Im not running conditions like out west.

Anybody on here ridden both and care to pipe in, I would appreciate it. Cost wise, really don't care. The Pro is a bit more $ but not enough to be a game changer. Thanks in advance guys for taking the time. I appreciate it.

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Both should be great machines, look at what dealer would treat you better.
If you are worried that the Axys Pro won't be rugged enough then consider the SKS. It has a front cooler, chain case, aluminum over structure and bogie wheels and can be ordered with a 2.6 track which I think is going to be awesome.
That said I ordered a Pro 155 with 2.6 track. Good luck!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I bet both will be great machines. My wife has a t3 174. The t3 package is way better than the regular xm. I have a pro with air loc boards that are set at 2 inches higher than stock. I know what a difference it makes to get the sled out of the snow and that is only half of what polaris did. The xm's tend to trench a little. I had a 154. The 3 inch 154 is going to go better but I am still betting it will trench a little. Their wide body and boards are a hinderance in deep snow. Polaris fixed the trouble spots on the new axys. I didn't see any stones they left unturned other than the rear bumper. I believe they have a stronger and way lighter chassis. They are by far the easiest to work on. 20 seconds and all the hood and plastic comes off. The only question is the motor and nobody knows as far as reliability. All the other brands are hoping it is unreliable because if it isn't they are so far ahead it isn't funny. I would like to ride both but I know which one I'll be riding. It is awesome that a few of my buddies are getting the t3 154. It will make for a fun year.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I feel they'll both be great sleds. If I was going to snowcheck I'd go Polaris, I'm sure the new track will be a solid step up and if I have a 4 year warranty I'd gamble on the motor. The Doo will forever be squirrely in my opinion and is not a confidence builder. I've become so confident on my Pro I feel I can thread any needle I choose. I hope the Axy's geometry feels similar (little bit of an unknown).

H

Heavy800

Dec 30, 2010
polaris. I have had both. just sold the 2014 summit x 800 to order the polaris sks. I loved the etec but loved the the way the rmk handled. I could never get used to the way the sled dipped and dived on the summit. just my 2 cents.

R
Oct 10, 2014
Thanks for the advice fellas. Looks like its pretty cut and dry. I didn't see a ton of bitching about the new motors in the Pro -X forums I read so with another year, it should be better right? :face-icon-small-con

Got a few guys I ride with that ride 14 & 15 Pros and they seem to take the beating well. The lightness just appeals to me, as most times we are stuck, we are alone with no help. Im going to check a new Axys Pro and hope it lives up to all the hype.

Premium Features