• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 build thread!

K

Kyle91rs

Jan 23, 2011
Fort mcmurray Alberta
Hey guys. Just wanted to start my own build thread. Gonna post lots of pics and I'd say ask lots of questions as well lol.

So just a little introduction. I've been a loooong time m1000 fan. I owned one for 2 years before I bought my proclimb. Ever since I sold it and been riding my 800, I've missed that bottom end grunt the m1 had. There's NO replacement for displacement! Even with my turbo now I still miss my 1000. So I'm building a backup m1!

So I had a deal lined up for a sled in central Alberta but the guy backed out, which is why I'm doing a major edit on this original thread. Anyways, I bought an m1 chassis tonight. It's not in too bad shape, has a full cr racing tunnel, racers edge a arms, team secondary, pretty much it for the aftermarket.

So parts that I'll be looking for are basically anything lightweight!
Bdx diamond drive with track shaft and drivers
Fox float shocks
Skid??
3" track
New hood, preferably black
Skis?
Let me know what you have! I'll be looking thru the classifieds so if it's listed and I need it I'll contact you I'm sure aha

So anyways. I hope I can keep some of you intrigued. Progress may be slow as this sled won't be my priority, I've got a boosted proclimb m8 for my main sled.

So what do you guys think? I'm working on a deal for a 1200 bb now, hopefully have that in the garage next week. Do you guys have any advice for this kind of build? I hear a lot of guys doing oil deletes? How much weight does that save? Any and all advice on this build will be much appreciated!!

Last edited:
Premium Features