• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DIY "sled solutions" tunnel bag adapted to the LINQ system

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
i really like skidoo's linq system, but i am not a fan of any of their tunnel storage bags/boxes/backpacks........its seems like they have it all, but nothing really appealed to me. there are many other aftermarket companies out there that offer "quick detach" storage accessories and fuel cans, but all of them require holes all over the tunnel, and a "base" of some form to be left on the tunnel. i like the linq system because the part that is left on the tunnel is small, off to the side, and out of the way with no new holes.... maybe im being picky haha. anyways, the bag that appealed most to me was sled solutions' new e-series line. it uses a quick detach system, but its with those cheesy plastic buckles (and you also have to rivet 1/2 the buckle onto the sled). so, this is what i came up with. i already had the linq parts laying around, so i did a little redneck engineering and came up with this. this is the smaller of the two e-series bags.

the base of the bag is plastic and removable. this base damn near fits between the two linq bases, but not quite. i had to shave off about 1/2 inch on each to get the bag base to fit between the linq bases. the bag also comes with some rubber strips to lay down so the bag does rub directly on the aluminum tunnel.

the linq mounts come with (2) 3/16'' holes in them. i didnt have any decent hardware that size, so i drilled them out to 1/4'' so i could use 1/4'' bolts. i then took some 3/4'' square tube and drilled holes in it to match the holes in the linq mounts. i then went through the plastic "bag base" with those same holes.

then i added a little support on the inside of the plastic base

now that the plastic base is all completely attached to the linq brackets, its time to re-attach the bag itself to its base. those shiny aluminum pieces on the side of the base you have seen in the previous pics are where the straps went through to hold the bag to the base. these straps also are where the original buckle attaches. i took the plastic buckle off of the strap, turned it around 180* and snugged it up tight. this holds bag onto its base. it isnt clipped into anything, it is just a means of cinching down the bag to its base. this all gets covered up as you will see in later pics

<mytubeelement data="{"bundle":{"label_delimitor":":","percentage":"%","smart_buffer":"Smart Buffer","start_playing_when_buffered":"Start playing when buffered","sound":"Sound","desktop_notification":"Desktop Notification","continuation_on_next_line":"-","loop":"Loop","only_notify":"Only Notify","estimated_time":"Estimated Time","global_preferences":"Global Preferences","no_notification_supported_on_your_browser":"No notification style supported on your browser version","video_buffered":"Video Buffered","buffered":"Buffered","hyphen":"-","buffered_message":"The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.","not_supported":"Not Supported","on":"On","off":"Off","click_to_enable_for_this_site":"Click to enable for this site","desktop_notification_denied":"You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site","notification_status_delimitor":";","error":"Error","adblock_interferance_message":"Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.","calculating":"Calculating","waiting":"Waiting","will_start_buffering_when_initialized":"Will start buffering when initialized","will_start_playing_when_initialized":"Will start playing when initialized","completed":"Completed","buffering_stalled":"Buffering is stalled. Will stop.","stopped":"Stopped","hr":"Hr","min":"Min","sec":"Sec","any_moment":"Any Moment","popup_donate_to":"Donate to","extension_id":null},"prefs":{"desktopNotification":true,"soundNotification":true,"logLevel":0,"enable":true,"loop":false,"hidePopup":false,"autoPlay":false,"autoBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBufferPercentage":42,"autoPlayOnSmartBuffer":true,"quality":"hd1080","fshd":true,"onlyNotification":false,"enableFullScreen":true,"saveBandwidth":false,"hideAnnotations":false,"turnOffPagedBuffering":true}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{"loadBundle":true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
Any idea if you can still fit the Skidoo LINQ fuel jug in front of the box?

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
Any idea if you can still fit the Skidoo LINQ fuel jug in front of the box?

there is 8.5'' between the front of the bag and the fuel tank. i dont have the linq fuel can so i cant tell you for sure. the bag could have been mounted back 2 more inches before it starts hitting the plastic of the tail light assembly. i did not mount it all the way back because i wanted it "centered" over the rear linq brackets. if i would normally carry an extra fuel can on the tunnel, i would have designed my tunnel bag mount to work with the fuel can.......but i dont need one where i ride.
<mytubeelement data="{"bundle":{"label_delimitor":":","percentage":"%","smart_buffer":"Smart Buffer","start_playing_when_buffered":"Start playing when buffered","sound":"Sound","desktop_notification":"Desktop Notification","continuation_on_next_line":"-","loop":"Loop","only_notify":"Only Notify","estimated_time":"Estimated Time","global_preferences":"Global Preferences","no_notification_supported_on_your_browser":"No notification style supported on your browser version","video_buffered":"Video Buffered","buffered":"Buffered","hyphen":"-","buffered_message":"The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.","not_supported":"Not Supported","on":"On","off":"Off","click_to_enable_for_this_site":"Click to enable for this site","desktop_notification_denied":"You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site","notification_status_delimitor":";","error":"Error","adblock_interferance_message":"Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.","calculating":"Calculating","waiting":"Waiting","will_start_buffering_when_initialized":"Will start buffering when initialized","will_start_playing_when_initialized":"Will start playing when initialized","completed":"Completed","buffering_stalled":"Buffering is stalled. Will stop.","stopped":"Stopped","hr":"Hr","min":"Min","sec":"Sec","any_moment":"Any Moment","popup_donate_to":"Donate to","extension_id":null},"prefs":{"desktopNotification":true,"soundNotification":true,"logLevel":0,"enable":true,"loop":false,"hidePopup":false,"autoPlay":false,"autoBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBufferPercentage":42,"autoPlayOnSmartBuffer":true,"quality":"hd1080","fshd":true,"onlyNotification":false,"enableFullScreen":true,"saveBandwidth":false,"hideAnnotations":false,"turnOffPagedBuffering":true}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{"loadBundle":true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
DISREGARD. I saw you mentioned this when I re-read your original post.

Is that E-Series tunnel bag the bigger or smaller of the two they offer?

Would you mind taking measurements of the bag you used for this project? I'm very interested in doing this.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
DISREGARD. I saw you mentioned this when I re-read your original post.

Is that E-Series tunnel bag the bigger or smaller of the two they offer?

Would you mind taking measurements of the bag you used for this project? I'm very interested in doing this.

Thank you.

it is the smaller bag. it is labeled as the compact bag on their web site. the dementions on their site say this........Approximate size: 14" wide x 12" long x 7.5" tall.

my measurements with it mounted on the sled (not including the linq mounts....just the bag itself).

without shovel and handle: 16 wide x 14 long x 8 tall
with the shovel: 17 wide x 14 long x 9 tall (length does not include the shovel handle poking out the back....this is JUST the bag)

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
I've ordered the compact bag and the Linq latches. I'm thinking about using aluminum square tube w/ some square plastic end cap inserts to finish off the look.

Your creation is awesome! I like it so much better than the other options out there. I think I'll see what I can do to be able to fit the fuel jug between the bag and seat structure.

Last edited:

sledMXer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
Helena, MT
Any updates on whether the fuel jug fits with the Sled Solutions bag LinQ'd?

I am going to try to do this same setup too. I've got a 154" and it has 2 LinQ positions, with one being used by the fuel can right now.

S
Sep 2, 2008
Bozeman, MT
Nicely done! In my opinion, it is people like you doing little things like this and forums like SnoWest putting it in view that have progressed our beloved sport to the amazing places it has gone. I am sure that with the manufacturers listening to the guys that know what works cause they make it work and such ingenuity working for us, we can continue going up from here. Thanks for caring and sharing!!

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
Any updates on whether the fuel jug fits with the Sled Solutions bag LinQ'd?

I am going to try to do this same setup too. I've got a 154" and it has 2 LinQ positions, with one being used by the fuel can right now.

i do not have a fuel can, so i dont know.... sorry im no help!

L

luke2020

Oct 27, 2014
Where did you get the linq mounts that you bolted the 3/4" square to? I'm trying to find them but they don't appear in the skidoo magazine for 2015. They only have the base linq mounts that you attach to the sled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features