• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

STILL boggin-kinda long- please help!! lol

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
i run redline race oil, 32:1. the racin station map is zeroed between the 3750-4000 rpm range where the slp map is +10 or more. the slp map runs worse. both maps take some away between 4-5000 rpm. i can email maps to one of you guys if you want to take a look. i was hoping racinstation would chime in but i completely understand with the holidays and such.

i might try the accellerator pump feature on the pcv, anyone try this?

what are these smart valves?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
what are these smart valves?

basically one way check valves with a membrane that holds water back and often the water/ice can make the membrane less permeable untill removed...and the smart valve can just plain malfunction by not snapping back open if membrane collapsed and you have to manually reset..

look under fuel pump assembly for your year

http://www.alpha-sports.com/arctic_cat_parts.htm

and click on link i posted above post 19..

also check your tank venting...hoses etc for kinks..

Last edited:

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
I know you don't want to hear this, but for real, check out your clutching/deflection, even if you think it was ok a while ago. My sled got worse and worse over two years of mild riding, with me chasing the oil pump return, plugs, wondering about the map, etc. I ended up noticing that it was pretty boggy just crawling along slow, and checked where the belt was riding on the secondary... Way too low. Thus when the engine tried to engage the clutch, the gearing was too tall, which was evidently pulling the RPM's down, and that would for whatever reason cause it to just die. (No gurgling, if I stayed in the throttle, it would die just like I hit the kill switch, or like the throttle safety was not contacting. If I released the throttle it would idle.)
Setting the belt to ride higher in the secondary has completely eliminated the bog. Or it was gone on all of last year's rides anyway... I'm off to West Yellowstone next week, so we'll see how it likes that!

I'm not real familar with what you've done to the clutches, but if deflection checks out, you might try a good clutch cleaning too. ??
Chris

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
i plan on installing a new belt, set deflection, reload old map, check fuel pressure, and inspecting the primary

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
So i checked fuel pressure, 48 psi, i figure thats ~10%more than the 44 that racin staion want. So i figure im safe to lean out the whole map by 5%? Set belt deflection it was a little loose but didnt fix my problem.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
its the pcv, i disconnected it on the mountian and all issues went away. the mapping is zeroed up to 5500 so it not the mapping, anyone have issues with powercommanders?

R
Dec 21, 2008
Chassell, MI
I have a 2010 m8 with a D&D pipe that had the same bog down low with the PCV on. I ran it at all zeros on the map to see what was up and it bogged. Unplugged the PCV and the bog went away. Not sure what is going on with these PCV's?? Clearly something isnt right with them. Mine is running the latest firmware etc. Anyone else having these same issues.???

Premium Features