• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The new Tubie

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Nice looking frames. Are you going to tie in the steering hoop to the rear of the sled in any way? More of a "pyramidal" design I guess. It would probably add a ton of strength for a small weight penalty.

Pics of the gas tank will be up hopefully tonight, might give you some ideas of how we remedied this situation:face-icon-small-win

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
How strong will this frame be compared to a traditional frame and tunnel?

A-arms and the drop "brackets" looks a bit skinny and weak.
What type of metal are you using on this one to make the sled light and strong?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
How strong will this frame be compared to a traditional frame and tunnel?

A-arms and the drop "brackets" looks a bit skinny and weak.
What type of metal are you using on this one to make the sled light and strong?

depends which brands chassis! not quite yamaha strong:face-icon-small-win but for the weigh, your gonna be hard pressed to touch the strength.

as for arms, i broke a set off my sled last year, also hit a old growth pine tree doing about 40. they will hold up to normal bumps and bashes but are designed to fail instead of wrinkling the chassis. the drop brackets are no problem, very similar design last year supported 2 riders and a sled with no a-arms balanced on the back.(reference my tree incident)

various sizes of chromoly is our main material.

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
These are amazing in person. It still blows my mind how light they are! Some very cool new developments this year!

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Id be curious to know where you guys learn'd how to do the carbon? It always interested me!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Id be curious to know where you guys learn'd how to do the carbon? It always interested me!

self taught, read a lot, talked to some smart folks and then make small scale stuff to learn up on the actual nuances of working with it.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Looks amazing gents! Carbon layup is CLEAN. I'm hoping to make some aero parts for my car out of carbon next spring, hope it turns out as well as yours.

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
self taught, read a lot, talked to some smart folks and then make small scale stuff to learn up on the actual nuances of working with it.

Where do you buy your carbon stuff? Ive been searching lately but cant seem to find any good info on making carbon things, any pointers would really help!

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
When do we get to see the gas tank? Awesome work guys!

How much analysis did you do for the front suspension? Did you try different setups?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
the sleds are sort of sidelined right now as we are taking a mental break on them and building a pair of snow bikes. you can only work on them for so long and do a good job before you need something else to keep you from going nuts. front suspension is a combo of a few different sleds meshed into one and seems to work rather well.

Premium Features