• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Power Valve Delete kit?

K

kllongbrake

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 29, 2009
I run them on an Slp piped 1000 with BDX cold air and no temp sensor. Didn't notice any difference at all. I hear they don't perform so well on stock set ups though. If you're running a 1000 and want to pay for shipping, which would be minimal I'll let you borrow an extra set I have and see if they work for you. Call me if interested. Kris 425-737-2276

Snopro98

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2009
Western WI
I ran them on my 07 1000, which was pretty much stock. The bottom end did suffer some, but seemed to pull harder through the midrange. I was just so fed up with the servo failure code, which I used to get aleast once a day while riding. After replacing the servo, both cables and cleaning the power valves every ride, I said the hell with it and got the delete kit. If I did it again I would probably get the STM exhaust valves though, But they are also alot more expensive.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
STM is the best setup if you are going for servo motor elimination.

The BDX's shortcomings are noticed least on the M1000, because of it's already healthy bottom end. It is more noticeable on the 700 or 800.

Powervalves alter the port timing. With a valve moving in and out you can have the best exhaust port timing and it is dictated by RPM. Without the valve moving you are giving up optimum performance in all sectors of the powerband but one.

B

Brett Slagle

Jan 11, 2008
STM is the best setup if you are going for servo motor elimination.

The BDX's shortcomings are noticed least on the M1000, because of it's already healthy bottom end. It is more noticeable on the 700 or 800.

Powervalves alter the port timing. With a valve moving in and out you can have the best exhaust port timing and it is dictated by RPM. Without the valve moving you are giving up optimum performance in all sectors of the powerband but one.

It seems like you aren't a fan of deleting them... do you see any advantages besides not having to do maintenance on them and eliminating a moving part?

Thanks

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
The advantages of the power valve delete are: No more cables to adjust or break, better clearance for pipes, more simplistic.

Its not that it is a bad thing, just not the best thing. We sell a lot of the block off kits and most guys are happy. Usually I will get a call from someone who is trying and trying to tune out a low end bog or a mid range stumble and they always have the deletes. The ECU changes a lot of the parameters as the valve opens for optimum performance, and if that variable is fixed there are other issues that you will see.

greenspeed

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Anchorage, AK
The advantages of the power valve delete are: No more cables to adjust or break, better clearance for pipes, more simplistic.

Its not that it is a bad thing, just not the best thing. We sell a lot of the block off kits and most guys are happy. Usually I will get a call from someone who is trying and trying to tune out a low end bog or a mid range stumble and they always have the deletes. The ECU changes a lot of the parameters as the valve opens for optimum performance, and if that variable is fixed there are other issues that you will see.

reviving this instead of new threading it...since i was looking into these.

Can you tune out the low end bogs with a power commander?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
reviving this instead of new threading it...since i was looking into these.

Can you tune out the low end bogs with a power commander?

if your looking into the stm valve you should be free of any tuning issue..with the block off you may have issues...what one were you looking at..??

greenspeed

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Anchorage, AK
if your looking into the stm valve you should be free of any tuning issue..with the block off you may have issues...what one were you looking at..??

the BDX block off delete kit. Sleds eventually going to get tuned anyways, just looking to the "list" for potential upgrades. Cables are $100 to replace and servo's $400 just don't want the headache

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
i went with the stm's...part of my issue is just wanting to get rid off the problem area's as well...

as posted before i removed all the tailight wiring...all the wiring from under the tank..(reverse and servo) and tucked them safely away...straightened out the coil wiring when tank was loose and pulled well forward and really fixed the harnesses on the bars and beside/behind the post...(harnesses moving when turning etc...it was bull imo )

i just have seen so many issues posted by people related to problems with wiring that it made me paranoid....lol...i have to admot i looked at the new doo xm and from the quick glance passing by they sure had professional looking wiring job on their bars and post..

greenspeed

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Anchorage, AK
i went with the stm's...part of my issue is just wanting to get rid off the problem area's as well...

as posted before i removed all the tailight wiring...all the wiring from under the tank..(reverse and servo) and tucked them safely away...straightened out the coil wiring when tank was loose and pulled well forward and really fixed the harnesses on the bars and beside/behind the post...(harnesses moving when turning etc...it was bull imo )

i just have seen so many issues posted by people related to problems with wiring that it made me paranoid....lol...i have to admot i looked at the new doo xm and from the quick glance passing by they sure had professional looking wiring job on their bars and post..

My sleds torn down to just the tunnel right now (had to replace the bulkhead) so I'll probably work on rerouting some of the wiring (also noticed how crappily it was done from the factory). Oddly enough I think i'll already have some work ahead of me since I found a couple grounds(maybe not) that I have no idea where they go and they weren't connected to anything

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
never hurts to hook them grounds to grounds even if ya dont know where they go...lol..

and for extra peace of mind when they are hooked up just go crazy with a continuity meter and have beeps between every metal part of that sled...and any part you don't have a beep just add a ground..

D

Desperado

Nov 29, 2007
New Meadows
power valves

I found a used set of STM valves and replaced my servo unit with them. I have always had a slight lean bog at about 5500 or 6000 rpm but after installing the stm valves it all went away. The seat of the pants feel to me is a crisper run and a little harder pull all the way through the power band. I'm happy I got them. Along with loosing a couple pounds I eliminated a potential problem. I was dreading having to adjusting those cables. Per your cost of replacement of the servo and cables you are at the cost of New STM valves anyway. I know they are spendy and STM's customer service is not the best but those valves do work. I'm just suprised no one else with a little machine shop is not building them. After all they are not super complicated. Competition is always good.

Premium Features