• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need more Drivers for crude oil tankers in North Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daniel Boondocker

Dec 1, 2007
Idaho Falls
Asked permission to post here
Update.
I'm not looking for more trucks of my own requiring more drivers at this point. For now we are mostly reconditioning triple axle tanker trailers for fertilizer, fresh water, and crude oil, then selling them. Also a couple of body tank trucks with pup trailers. Hauling oil in North Dakota is more ideally suited to experienced O/O's who are on sight and in the truck than it is to anyone else. They also make the most money. Especially if you have tanker experience.
danielboondocker@me.com

Last edited:

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
what area, whats the pay, what condition equipment and is lodging provided?
I might know a guy who's interested

o, and if any of your guys see a guy pulling a belly in a red t600...tell them to give him a ration of chit....its my old truck...LOL

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Not interested... but curious, is that 14 hours a day, 6 days a week?

HammsRMK

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2008
Central ND
They said houseing but goodluck with that. At least your from the north where you know how to drive in the stuff. That town is crazy.

Snow Duck

The Great and Mighty SnowDuck
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
Kuna Idaho to Elk City Idaho..
wish my company would set up a shop there!!! we would make a mint on truck repairs...i hear DOT is looking at having a hayday real soon with most of the non legal trucks around the area.

D

Daniel Boondocker

Dec 1, 2007
Idaho Falls
We have spent a lot of time and money making sure we are legal before we send the trucks up there. And yes you have to have experience driving in the snow and ice. It makes a big difference. I'm so used to it I didn't even think about posting it. I've lived here all my life and driven often in extreme conditions. In the south they shut things down when they get just a little bit of snow. Here we have the tires for it. In the south they don't. They make the biggest difference next to the drivers experience and capacity for it.

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
by using the reset option...60 hours in 7 days, or 70 hours in 8......34 hour restart starts the clock right back over...you can burn thru 70 hours in 5 days
14 hours duty day, 11 of which can be driving time, 3 for loading/unloading/PTI/TLC/fuel ect...followed by 10 hours off duty

I'm not gonna go into the split berth or 16 exception

supposedly via the DOT you can theoreticaly work 107 hours in a week

I've never done that, but i've had plenty of weeks close to 100 when i was running my own

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Big truck??????

Got a couple guys maybe interested ....send me pm on owner operator...no worries on experience we drive 650 horse W-9's with six axle super tankers in winters worst lake effect snow and ice in lower Michigan. Hauling 13,400 gallons of gasoline in city traffic..delivering to 85 different locations. These guys and I can drive!!! One is interested by spring and will bring travel trailer...

Wish I could get pics to work you'd love these things..our crude tanks haul 15,000

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
work

Would you be interested in hiring a guy for the summer time I know that is a ways away but just curious.

D

Daniel Boondocker

Dec 1, 2007
Idaho Falls
Yes. Very much so. Thanks for asking. For example I need a driver for another business in Eastern Idaho from march to september, and on an occasional basis after that. For instance I have 3 loads going to So. Cal right now and need a couple for Texas soon. If you want to make more by being in ND, I'm sure one of them would prefer being here for part of the year. One of my other drivers may also need to be back here in the summer for another reason.

Getting very close to having enough drivers. May have them covered already. Thanks for everyones tolerance for the post here on the forum and for those who showed interest.

Last edited:

turbopwr05

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Casper, Wyoming
I drive through Belfield every tuesday morning. And that truck stop is crazy you can't even park some times. what is your trucking company I probally have seen you guys we are in a red mile hi truck.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Nice to see this thread on here. the money is good in the oil bizz. whether it is in that end, or my end, (Main Line). I love to see these booms, and those areas get huge. We did it about 5 yrs ago in rocksprings, That was Gas.

D

Daniel Boondocker

Dec 1, 2007
Idaho Falls
If anyone is still interested, yes please get ahold of me on my email from the first post. The slots are not filled until the drivers make their final commitment. Still have a couple that are just verbal. I'm just getting started in the oil bus. Hope it works out for a while. The time, commitment, and expense of getting in is insane. Should be sending the first truck up in the next week or so.

D

Daniel Boondocker

Dec 1, 2007
Idaho Falls
Are you looking for any O/O to pull your trailers? If so I am interested....

YES!!! Absolutely. Thanks for asking. I'm not looking for more trucks of my own requiring more drivers at this point. For now we are mostly reconditioning triple axle tanker trailers for fertilizer, fresh water, and crude oil, then selling them. Mostly to Owner Operators if anyone is interested. We are also working on a couple of body tank trucks with pup trailers. Hauling oil in North Dakota is more ideally suited to experienced O/O's who are on sight and in the truck than it is to anyone else. They also make the most money. Especially if you have tanker experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features