• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro RMK with HM turbo - The Skadi Mobile

Timbersled

Premium Member
Apr 22, 2008
Emilie’s sled turned out supper good. It is a real eye catcher. I hope to have it in our booth at the Salt Lake Show

The sled defiantly has all the needed thing to put the power to the ground. One thing I know test about the new rack drivers and anti stab wheels is that it spins much easier than before when tried to roll it by hand with the track lifted off the ground.

We did weigh some things to compare. Here is what I came up with.

Stock Track 52.5 lbs
Peaks Track 58 lbs

Stock back suspension 44 lbs
Mtn. Tamer suspension w/Exit X-1 adjustable shocks, anti stab and ice scratchers 43 lbs

Stock Walker ski shocks 8 lbs
Exit X-1 adjustable ski shocks 13.2 lbs

Stock front suspension 22 lbs
38” Barkbuster front suspension 17 lbs

Stock chain case holds 9 oz of oil
Modified chain case holds 7.5 oz of oil

I did not waigh the drivers but I would guess that they are about the same weight. I did however get to use our new press for the very first time that we have been working on for the past 2 months. It pushed the old ones off and the new ones on in less than 4 minutes. That included marking where the new one go onto. I was supper happy about that.

Allen

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
So it was about a 3lb gain.

Wonder what the turbo +/- turns out to be.

J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
Thanks for posting an update this thread. Your sled looks great Skadi.

Sorry to hijack this thread in advance...

For the guys/gals swapping to the Peak 2.5 track on their Pro's, what would a kit like this cost to get a little more clearance (modified chaincase, drivers, etc.)? I'm looking to put a Peak 2.5 on my '12 RMK 660.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
That will be a question for Fastrax and I have let them know that we're chatting about this over here. Curt most definitely has a plan for it but I haven't been told the cost yet.... Hopefully Curt will take a break in welding soon and chime in! (I just missed a call from him and he said he was welding so he missed my call! ha! phone tag!)

And hijack away!! That's the point of the thread is to see some new stuff and ask questions! It's not all about how pretty my sled is!! ;)

Thanks for all the technical data Allen! Yeah, that press looked pretty bad arse!! Crazy to think I didn't come out farther ahead in the weight loss game but I came out so much farther ahead in the performance game and I was quite content with the weight being where it is so I'm pretty happy -I know I'm gonna be really happy running Exit's all the way around and it seems like that's where i gained most of that weight back....

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Thats ironic that you sold me the stock spindles and replaced them with billet and I bought them to measure and build my own billet set.

Can I borrow those barkbusters for 1 week? or maybe Allen will send me the drwaings:face-icon-small-coo

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Jonce,

I've been working on this with Curt for a bit.

The case mod, exchange with a $100 core deposit is $200. Exchange so he can ship them out quickly.

Avid 7 tooth 2.86" pitch drivers are $130 each... I would HIGHLY recommend the Power Claw style drivers like Emily is running on her sled above... I worked on them 2 seasons ago with Robbie to be able to run the PowerClaw track efficiently with the side effect that they are much smoother than the std Avid drivers.

There are no 7 tooth involute only drivers in a 2.86" pitch for the PRO RMK shaft that I know of.

Track price from Michelle at Oregon Trail Sport (freeangent on the forums here) is around $750 for the 163.

Anti Stab wheel kit is about $120 from Ice age for a billet one.. or $80 for a Wahl one as shown on the Skadi mobile.
file_21_4.jpg

The stock clearance for anything but light fluff "blower" powder creates drag in the tunnel, even with the stock track... More clearance is better.... some will say the angle of attack is increased... but that is VERY minor compared to the gains.

The Peaks track looks like a home run to me... I'll be running that this year all over the West.

Last edited:
J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
Thanks for the reply MH.

So I'm thinking a simple track swap is not so simple now and almost doubles the price from the initial plan. With the new chaincase cover, is that a simple replacement or is there some drilling/cutting involved? Sorry, I haven't worked on the Pro chassis before. I'm not opposed to doing a little extra work for beneficial gains but I would like to be informed before I jump into any project.

Starting to think I may hold off on the track swap for this year.

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
Sweet build I like a lot of the mods. Keep us posted on how the track preforms. We have some very similiar snow conditions here on the east coast.thinking of that track or a powerclaw agian. Oh yeah what year jeep pick up was that in the garage it looked good to.

R

RidnHigh

Dec 2, 2007
Spokane Washington
Chain Tensioner

Em or MH, is there a channel or groove for the 05-06 tensioner to run in like on those cases? What keeps the tensioner in place once inside the case with the cover on? If i remember right didnt the 05-s have a groove on the interior and the bolt just pushed against the back of the tensioner piece.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
I like how you installed your wrap on the couch...literally. Skadi is kind of a Nordic theme right? As a fellow Laplander/Norwegian type I like it. Can't wait to hear how it runs. Pretty much the exact set-up that I want for my pro some day.

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
Wow Em the hot rod came together great!

The case mod is an affordable option to the billet case for this sled and along with 7 tooth drivers, will allow tall tracks in the Pro with decent clearance. Thanks to Eric for making us think about it-sometimes we only focus on the "best" cure instead of meeting cost and effect halfway!

We have been rotating 3 cases in and out of the shop on a core basis. We bill you $175.00 plus a $95.00 core up front and send you a case ready to install. You get your $95.00 core refunded as soon as we recieve your nice useable stock case. Or we'll sell it outright and you can keep your stock case.

The intake we are building will be a HM Turbos exclusive part and will add power along with more consistency to Shanes Pro turbo kit-Skadi will be the first one to have this addition and we thank her for the use of her sled for the mockup!

We are excited about T-sleds new skid design and will also be beating on one under our shop Pro all winter-the new transfer limiter design is very well done and the build quality of all of the components is top notch-Kudos to Allen and crew for continuing to push forward and improve on a good product! (also for taking care of Skadis chain case while I was out of them!)

I think Skadis in for a fun trouble free winter!

Curt

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
Em or MH, is there a channel or groove for the 05-06 tensioner to run in like on those cases? What keeps the tensioner in place once inside the case with the cover on? If i remember right didnt the 05-s have a groove on the interior and the bolt just pushed against the back of the tensioner piece.

it fits no prob, did it to my 08 turbo dragon, plan on doing it to my pro aswell

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
aebsledder, yeah, the wrap is a norse theme. Skadi is the norse goddess of winter. I have a little info on her on my website... I was looking for a name to have on these forums and came across her. it fit on a few levels so I ran with it (just means my wraps have always had to be custom designs though since no one has Skadi stuff already... HUGE thanks to Arctic Fx for taking my ideas and turning them into exactly what i wanted!!)

the jeep... We'll have to get Shane Hart to chime in about that. He did my turbo build so that was when my sled was in his shop...

about the couch?? yeah, I used to actually LIVE in my shop, this was the first project I've done on my sled where I had to walk down to the shop to do it and had a nice home to go back up to when I was done for the night. My sled might get lonely that I'm not sleeping with her as much but I sure prefer having an actual house!!

huge thanks to every who gave her some love at the Denver show! Bryan and Brad told me you all made her feel good in the Mod Rods booth! She will be in the Mod Rods booth again at Puyallup and then in Timbersled's booth for the Salt Lake show. She's an attention whore so go say hi to her and make her feel good about her new additions! ;)

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
i bet she looks PURDY after a few days with Allen!!! Hey, since I'm going to be in the 509 booth can you make sure she doesn't get molested TOOO badly over there?? I might have sent some utah boys over to 'flirt' with her since she's one of the few single ladies in our film!! ;) hehehehehehe

I'm flying in later tonight, see you then or tomorrow!!

SLC here I come!!!

Just in case any of you on here aren't in the utah section and don't know... my sled with be set up in Timbersled's booth for the weekend so stop on by and give her some compliments... she's extremely vain!! ;)

J

Jeff K

Jan 26, 2008
Calgary, AB
Nice looking Pro! I am interested to hear how that new track works out.

Just an observation regarding your ZBroz front shocks... To me it looks like they are mounted on the wrong sides, and the Piggy Back Reservoir could hit the A-Arms during full suspension travel.

And, FINALLY I get to see the finished product!!!
IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

The pictures on the ZBroz site show the reservoirs mounted to the back side of the shock, and that is how I have mine mounted. With the shocks mounted this way, they would fit inside the A-Arm during suspension travel.

snowmobile_1.jpg

snowmobile_ars.jpg

Premium Features