• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My 2006 RMK 900 Build

C

chadkrump

May 26, 2008
Amenia ND
IMO, i think if u did the front/rear torque arms orange and do the rails black and maybe get some orange hifax, That would look SICK!!!
the whole orange/black color scheme is gonna look awesome!!

One hell of a build, and your other two sleds as well, keep up the good work!

CK

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
IMO, i think if u did the front/rear torque arms orange and do the rails black and maybe get some orange hifax, That would look SICK!!!
the whole orange/black color scheme is gonna look awesome!!

One hell of a build, and your other two sleds as well, keep up the good work!

CK

thanks for the inputs bud..much appreciated.

yeh that was a my first thoughts and plan...

been looking into the orange hyfaxs, but the ones i found on the net were $$$$$....

any place you know if have the orange ones, or the polars p/n#??

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
Your insane man. lol Looks like a really sweet build! I think you need to hook me up with some of your sources for good cheap parts! You seem to find all the killer deals. lol

Hows that knee of yours doing by now? Last time it sounded like it wasn't treating you to well. I'm walking around on mine just fine already, got about 3/4 range of motion back, and haven't even started physio! haha It's going better than I thought it would.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Sean... we may have similar color sleds this year... I've changed back to Orange on mine from the yellow.

Rock On Brother!!

Orange hyfax... from hiperf.com

OH BOY...now the heat is on..

got some not so good news..the supplier i got the Orange powder coat from mighty not be able to get anymore...and if so, might be a while...hope i have enough on hand to get it all done :yell:

Your insane man. lol Looks like a really sweet build! I think you need to hook me up with some of your sources for good cheap parts! You seem to find all the killer deals. lol

Hows that knee of yours doing by now? Last time it sounded like it wasn't treating you to well. I'm walking around on mine just fine already, got about 3/4 range of motion back, and haven't even started physio! haha It's going better than I thought it would.

im alright man...still dealing with some small limping...physical theropist said i am WAAY ahead of schedule and a prodigy, lol....hamstroing is still hurting though, lol...

glad to hear your doing good man...

and i can only hook up parts for guys that have RMK 900s, lol...jk..

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
2 words...

Knee braces!!

Invest in some good ones... wear them on whatever you ride.

Pro Athletes on Wake boards, football players, hockey players, MX racers, Rodeo riders etc ... with healthy knees... they wear knee braces to keep from being a crippled old man like me... I wear CTi Vapor CF/Ti braces on both knees with Patella protection a well... Beats doing a Thiesman on your console when you hit a creekbed at 30mph!!

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
im alright man...still dealing with some small limping...physical theropist said i am WAAY ahead of schedule and a prodigy, lol....hamstroing is still hurting though, lol...

glad to hear your doing good man...

and i can only hook up parts for guys that have RMK 900s, lol...jk..

Awesome. :) Good to hear. I don't see why your hamstring would still be bothering you though? I have forgotten about mine already. :) Was pretty bad for a while though.

haha now that's not very nice....

2 words...

Knee braces!!

Invest in some good ones... wear them on whatever you ride.

Pro Athletes on Wake boards, football players, hockey players, MX racers, Rodeo riders etc ... with healthy knees... they wear knee braces to keep from being a crippled old man like me... I wear CTi Vapor CF/Ti braces on both knees with Patella protection a well... Beats doing a Thiesman on your console when you hit a creekbed at 30mph!!

What did your knee braces cost you? I want some thing better than the $40 EZ fit I have now,. but not really looking to spend $800.....

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
not much of an update..but heres where i am sitting so far...

got alot of small parts powder coated..

need to get the following parts powder coated before i can get any farther
--rear section of the tunnel
--166 rails
--09 front bumper
--holz spindles

then i need to the following after the powder coating is done.
--need to send in primary to get balanced. then powder coat the front cover
--waiting for the machinist to press on my drivers
--need to order up the ALL BALLS driveshaft/jackshaft bearing kits
--need to get a BILLET front motor mount crossmember made, and install compfusion motor mounts, then install motor

ill post some pics as soon as i can, heading out of town this weekend for a week...

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
also been getting alot of help and support from 2poor and DJM1 on turbo info, setup...... REALLY kicking the idea of turbo'ing this baby this winter/spring '11, wont have the money this summer to get everything bought/installed...

but will start getting small parts here and there this summer to get the ball rolling so i can learn more about the setup and whatnot..

thanks to 2poor for shoving the turbo down my throat, and breaking me, lol

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
also been getting alot of help and support from 2poor and DJM1 on turbo info, setup...... REALLY kicking the idea of turbo'ing this baby this winter/spring '11, wont have the money this summer to get everything bought/installed...

but will start getting small parts here and there this summer to get the ball rolling so i can learn more about the setup and whatnot..

thanks to 2poor for shoving the turbo down my throat, and breaking me, lol

think about it like this sean

900+turbo= lots of hp

now, t900+sean= bigger trees getting "logged" by sean

i like this....:face-icon-small-win

lookin good buddy

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
turbo the beast.. I ride with jskattum606 all the time on his t-9.. I have ridden it at 7-8# of boost and it feels like the most smooth but crazy powerband ever.. with the 166 following him can be a chore.

also.. loving the black.. and orange accents. they happen to be my favorite combo... the 9 may not be the most popular sled, but they sure can go if done right!!

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
think about it like this sean

900+turbo= lots of hp

now, t900+sean= bigger trees getting "logged" by sean

i like this....:face-icon-small-win

lookin good buddy

LOL....duh...i have a reputation to uphold here ;) consider it done..lol

turbo the beast.. I ride with jskattum606 all the time on his t-9.. I have ridden it at 7-8# of boost and it feels like the most smooth but crazy powerband ever.. with the 166 following him can be a chore.

yeh man, he has helped me out with a few questions...2poor has been dogging me bigtime on how i need to do it as well...and along with his help and DMJ1, they have pretty convinced me to bite the bullet..

but like i said..i will collect parts this summer/winter and build that bad boy in 1 year...

ill be running the Garrett GT3071R turbo...because i want to make sure i can climb a tree straight up, not just push it over, lol....

i can tell im gonna be in BIG trouble here, lol....but its worth it ;)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Well here is my progress so far...got a chassis hoop from a Dragon, been debating on modding it on to give it a RAW look...and in turn use the Dragon Center Console and the FNI HiFlo Stirrup Vents in the pics above...

i am using part of the stock 900 fottwell for more bracing and for a footwell, so my feet dont go farther in then i want, and get too hot from the can or my toes blown off from a busted belt, lol....but after the vents are powder coated and braced in the middle...you wont see them much if all through the FNI vent mesh ;)

this is where i am at right now..just a mock up of the hoop, need to modify a few things to get it right so it will look "somwhat factory"
--brackets for side fenders need pulled back
--steering column upper bracket needs turned
--gas tank supports need moved
--oil tank bracket needs made
--modify the footwell brackets
--mount the coils somewhere

im sure im missing some things, but its not a major undertaking but its not a direct fit like i was looking for, lol...but its do-able im sure ;)

after i get it pretty much ready to bolt on, i will order a dragon center console and FNI vents to finish the look....but still need to get a few things powder coated before i can get much more done :face-icon-small-dis

2010-06-21170406.jpg

2010-06-21170551.jpg

2010-06-21170448.jpg

2010-06-21170439.jpg

2010-06-21170427.jpg

Snow Duck

The Great and Mighty SnowDuck
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
Kuna Idaho to Elk City Idaho..
cat blood

Hey, Sean
are you trying to put a little cat blood in it with the orange bud....

no looks great keep it up and hows the healing going?

hey i still think i have seen that tunnel before?? or am i crazy?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Hey, Sean
are you trying to put a little cat blood in it with the orange bud....

no looks great keep it up and hows the healing going?

LOL...

unfortunately i love orange...so yes...i am copying Cats, lol...

ill be using the same Garrett GT3071R turbo the cats use to... ;) (next year)

healing is good...almost jumped on my dirtbike last week but panic'd, and thought i should wait a little longer :face-icon-small-sho

Premium Features