• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

missoula area

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
It's full of smelly hippies. You can ride Lincoln, about 90 minutes in one direction or Lolo, about the same in the opposite direction. Seely Lake is fairly close as well. I hear Helena has some local spots but I've never ridden them.

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
As far as riding you can go in any direction and find decent riding within an hour or so and I think it's safe to say most work in the area is slow.

C
Mar 30, 2009
missoula

lolo pass is your best bet usually good snow trail riding with medows all over some hill climbing. seely is awsome for trail riding or hill climbing when its not raining there. lincoln is about the same distancee from missoula as seely but has some bad *** bowls to climb and has good trail riding with some medows all around good town to sled in.

donaldej

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Corvallis Oregon
I'm looking at moving to the missoula area whats the riding like and how is work there?

Thanks David

If you can live on $10 and hour your in good shape. I've spent most of my life in an out of Missoula, Really there isn't much for good paying jobs unless you own a business or have a lot of experience in a field. Check Montana job service, it isn't pretty.

DJ

M

MarleneeSteven

Aug 17, 2009
Idaho Falls, ID
www.mountainsnowadventures.com
Hoodoo basin and Surveyor are two of my favorite areas to ride. (up by Superior/Alberton).

Lolo is good, but usually pretty packed. Lincoln is great later in the season!

Down the Bitterroot, Skalkaho and Six-Pack are a lot of fun, so is Lost Horse and Twin Lakes (if the trails aren't beat up too bad).

My favorite area that I've ever ridden is Swamp Creek, about 2-3 hours south of Missoula (the Big Hole). It's a long trail to get back in there, but it's worth it.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Believe me, Missoula is far more diverse than $10 an hour jobs.

Premium Features