• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A few progress pics of my yamadoo

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Im starting to get a little ways into my build this summer, just waiting on my jackshaft to get back so i can run the yammi secondary and then mount my motor.

setup is

03 rx1 motor
MHI 16g turbo
headshim custom intercooler and 12 pounds on 91
AEM wideband autometer gauges
nothing to crazy just the swap is a fun project and questions about stuff feel free to ask. dont worry, the turbo im using for mock up is fried, so all the metal shavings can go into it:D

the steering post is moving forward so it doesnt hit the carbs and i can make an airbox.

DSCI0696.jpg

DSCI0697.jpg

DSCI0698.jpg

DSCI0699.jpg

DSCI0700.jpg

DSCI0702.jpg

DSCI0704.jpg

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Okay! Got yourself a project there man:D:D

Looking good, have a nice summer!:beer;:beer;

RS

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
u scrap the whole propane idea? you should have made the turbo mid mounted! shorter headers and faster spooling and just made an aluminum fuel tank like impulse. lookin great though!!! props to you! keep up the good work!

are you going to be bracing up the flimsy a$$ excuse of a bulkhead? dont wnat that puppy cracking on ya from the extra weight and HP!!!!! thats the only thing i dont like about doo.....their **** is too thin.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
u scrap the whole propane idea? you should have made the turbo mid mounted! shorter headers and faster spooling and just made an aluminum fuel tank like impulse. lookin great though!!! props to you! keep up the good work!

are you going to be bracing up the flimsy a$$ excuse of a bulkhead? dont wnat that puppy cracking on ya from the extra weight and HP!!!!! thats the only thing i dont like about doo.....their **** is too thin.

i was going to say the same thing you could even set your tank back a bit put the turbo right behind the motor with a heat sheild.better weight balance as well not knocking the way you are doing it just observations if you like the side mount hey go for it will be cool when done.:D:beer;:beer;

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah, I was lookin into the mid mount, but there is NO room in there unless I went custom tank, and I really didnt want to get that custom with it, budget isnt there for it. Im doing what I am and spending the money, just didnt want to turn it into a money pit, im still in college, money dont grow on trees.

as far as bracing, im going to do a pretty large on on both sides that combos as a motor mount, so its gonna be plenty stout.

as far as propane, i didnt need that much power, and with headshim I can make plenty of power to ride the terrain we do.

--and ragin, the RT bulkhead is WAY more beefy and braced up then the rev ones, trust me, they are STOUT, but still getting more bracing, i like to hit stuff.

Last edited:
T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
Looks like a nice project. I really like the RT chassis, and combined with boosted yamaha 4 stroke power, should be a runner.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I preffer the RT over the rev myself as well, the larger flat side panels are much easier to carve on and dont like to tip over like the revs do, and are MUCH better built then the rev as far as bracing and overall strength.

I got my jackshaft back, just waiting on a bearing so i can mount up my secondary and get the motor mounts put in EXACTLY where they need to be. got gauge mounts in progress. things are being done cost affectively, the old airbox lid off the RX1 has been cut up and turned into a gauge bezel. made a custom thing steel tube bumper making tons of room for storage in the nose cone.

getting my clutching from lepheimer yamaha in butte MT, great people to deal with if your looking for turbo yammi stuff!!

more pics to come, been to busy workin on it, no time to take pics!

H
Nov 25, 2008
just wondering why would you want the yammi secondary? i mean, the doo one is no good either, but why not just put on a team or another aftermarket roller? i'm taking the nytro stuff off and spending my cash on the team conversion kit.

M

mda454

Aug 12, 2008
Good luck with the build! let us people know how it turned out! I was trying to do the same thing yam a turbo motor in a doo !!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
just wondering why would you want the yammi secondary? i mean, the doo one is no good either, but why not just put on a team or another aftermarket roller? i'm taking the nytro stuff off and spending my cash on the team conversion kit.
I just wanted to go all stock yammi parts and keep things relatively "normal" so i have easy and quick acess to parts.

going back out to work on it again, thanks for all the support guys, going pretty well still!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
thats the goal, gonna be a sleeper to, minus the sound!!

thanks for all the props, now need to work some more, parts for this thing is pricey!! but hey, dont wanna skimp on gauges and stuff, need to keep it alive!

and snowjw and untouchable, im transfering to MSU, so you get to see what on earth becomes of this thing live, I want to run it agains the pg dragon and see how it compares powerwise, cant get schooled by a 2stroke! i probably shouldnt put a boost controller on it! would love to get on and see how they do in some deep stuff next winter.

Last edited:

bart0678

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
looks like you have it pretty much in and set already without having to use too much lube! looks good, well have to go ride next year and see how that yamidoo handles.
what year in school are you? are you still engineering?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
i just had to make a small notch in the bulkhead, which is already getint braced, so its no big deal. gonna be a sophmore still playing in the eng feild.

its really suprising how well most of the stock parts can be used to put it all together, its just hard to get pics, there all in the dark.

Premium Features