• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sat phones

C

cobbycat

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 15, 2008
salmon arm, b.c.
looking to buy one, what's everyone's opinion?
brand and model?
inital price?
minutes cost?
reception?
availability?
size and weight?
durability?

any info would be helpful in making a decision, thanks in advance.:beer;

MASI95

Lifetime Membership
Dec 18, 2007
JACKSON MEADOWS
I also have the iridium. Works every time with or without the base station. I had globalstar base station prior to the iridium, but the globalstar only worked 20% of the time, at best. If you did get a call out with the globalstar it would always drop a minute or two into the call. I could get into the reasons why, but it would be better explained by a company such as world communication out of arizona. Ask for peter good. He will take good care of you. 866-913-6921

T
Nov 26, 2007
i have had a globalstar for 10 years, the first five were good last five not so good, they offer really cheap air time 19.95 a month for unlimited minutes but you can never rely on it to work anymore, if it does work chances are it will drop your call, globalstar has been saying they were launching new satellites for the past 3 years, don't know what else is out, but probably worth checking it out.

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
I have iridium with the northern lites package $300.00 can dollar for 200 mins
and expires 6 months from activation. I have done many calls only lost one . I do on purpose to make calls from bad spots (under tree cover, river valleys etc...) always every single time got a call out.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Is there some truth to the rumors that the Iridium satellites will time out in the near future as the Globalstar sats did, and the service will begin to deteriorate ? Some supposedly smart folks are saying that the same fate will befall Iridium as all satellites expire or are time dated.

Premium Features