For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: Proclimb M 2012 and beyond

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2018, 07:47 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
mtncat600 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat600 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat600 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat600 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat600 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat600 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat600 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat600 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat600 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat600 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat600 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2017 sno pro m8000 bog

have 2 2017 m8000 both sleds still
in break in with 100:1 mix in tank
both sleds are new and have a low end
bog /hesitation just above idle anyone had this ? what is it ? thanks

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 04-26-2018, 02:39 AM
Basic Member
Northlight is an unknown quantity at this point

Its normal, all the cats I have ridden have had that bog, alot of people say you can fix it with intake air temperature sensor relocate, haven't tried it myself.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:44 AM
Old & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtncat600 View Post
have 2 2017 m8000 both sleds still
in break in with 100:1 mix in tank
both sleds are new and have a low end
bog /hesitation just above idle anyone had this ? what is it ? thanks
Finish running the break in gas/oil out first. The bog is most likely an over fuel situation. If the bog is still there you can minimize it. Avoid excessive idling, check your idle speed, I keep mine 1800-1900, stay away from ethanol fuels. The engine will make full power around the 500 mile mark, it takes that long on the Suzuki. Just an fyi if you raise the idle speed to high (2100 or so i cant remember exactly) it wont go in reverse. Mine runs great and is crisp maybe not C tec crisp but nothing that will get you in trouble. Best of luck

Old 04-26-2018, 11:07 AM
sno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond repute

could always be the TSS. make sure your throttle cable is adjusted correctly.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:23 AM
Duff has a brilliant futureDuff has a brilliant futureDuff has a brilliant futureDuff has a brilliant futureDuff has a brilliant futureDuff has a brilliant futureDuff has a brilliant futureDuff has a brilliant futureDuff has a brilliant futureDuff has a brilliant futureDuff has a brilliant future

I have the same thing going on with my 17. Always bogs at inopportune times.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:40 AM
BD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2017 bog

In 2017 Cat reshimmed the drive clutch and lowered the engagement rpm by a lot. The Suzuki motor, with the exhaust valve only on the main exhaust port and not the auxiliary exhaust ports doesn't have the power at 3500 rpm that the 2018 ctec motor has. Yet they clutched it like it does.

Add our ProShift mountain clutch kit and it will be a whole new animal! Yes we do raise the engagement some, but its still nice an smooth. Stock clutching is simply just really bad in 2017.
The clutch kit is only $269.95 with our new springs, ProMag weights, and our custom machined Helixes. This clutch kit his excellent throttle response in deep snow.

Another item that works excellent to improve the low end is our Y pipe. We really emphasized on the low end and mid range gains with the Y pipe. Easy inexpensive power. 4.5 lb/ft of torque gain and 7 hp in the mid range gain. 4-5 peak hp gain. With our clutch kit we recommend using more weight in the clutch arms when using the Y pipe to harness the extra power. Only $169 and is made of polished stainless steel.

Both our Stainless and Titanium mufflers with drop a lot of weight as well. and will make the sled run about 100 more rpm.
Utilizing dual overlapping internal mechanical baffler system that has a nice deep rumble but isn't loud like the straight through glasspack style mufflers. 15 gauge construction, and now our Titanium mufflers are polished too. Drop 17 lbs of weight with the stainless one, and almost 20 lbs with the titanium!
$229 for stainless and $449 for titanium.

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?i...oller=category
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ssicatclutchkit2016.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	296530   Click image for larger version

Name:	SSI 10-101.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	296531   Click image for larger version

Name:	12-110ti polished arctic cat muffler ssi.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	296532  

www.SPEEDSHOPINC.com

Old 08-05-2018, 01:12 PM
sno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree that 17s had bad clutching. I ride 2500'-8000' on stock clutching. works great. I know it would not work as great with a clutch kit in that broad of a range. you can raise engagement a hair with a glide washer kit like from thunder products. That y-pipe does add a little low end-mid snap. Id have to see one on a dyno to believe the raise of top end power. I run stock weights with that Ti can and y-pipe. runs great everywhere including powder stacked on the hood. turn off your thumb warmer in those conditions or TSS will bog you.

Old 08-05-2018, 01:21 PM
Basic Member
Big10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond repute

I would also mention that the SSI stainless can I added to my 17 Mtn Cat is REALLY loud. Louder than any of my buddies sleds also with cans. More raspy than rumble compared to my buddies can on his 16. Probably going to change it...

Old 08-10-2018, 07:25 PM
Duff has a brilliant futureDuff has a brilliant futureDuff has a brilliant futureDuff has a brilliant futureDuff has a brilliant futureDuff has a brilliant futureDuff has a brilliant futureDuff has a brilliant futureDuff has a brilliant futureDuff has a brilliant futureDuff has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Xtreme View Post
In 2017 Cat reshimmed the drive clutch and lowered the engagement rpm by a lot. The Suzuki motor, with the exhaust valve only on the main exhaust port and not the auxiliary exhaust ports doesn't have the power at 3500 rpm that the 2018 ctec motor has. Yet they clutched it like it does.

Add our ProShift mountain clutch kit and it will be a whole new animal! Yes we do raise the engagement some, but its still nice an smooth. Stock clutching is simply just really bad in 2017.
The clutch kit is only $269.95 with our new springs, ProMag weights, and our custom machined Helixes. This clutch kit his excellent throttle response in deep snow.

Another item that works excellent to improve the low end is our Y pipe. We really emphasized on the low end and mid range gains with the Y pipe. Easy inexpensive power. 4.5 lb/ft of torque gain and 7 hp in the mid range gain. 4-5 peak hp gain. With our clutch kit we recommend using more weight in the clutch arms when using the Y pipe to harness the extra power. Only $169 and is made of polished stainless steel.

Both our Stainless and Titanium mufflers with drop a lot of weight as well. and will make the sled run about 100 more rpm.
Utilizing dual overlapping internal mechanical baffler system that has a nice deep rumble but isn't loud like the straight through glasspack style mufflers. 15 gauge construction, and now our Titanium mufflers are polished too. Drop 17 lbs of weight with the stainless one, and almost 20 lbs with the titanium!
$229 for stainless and $449 for titanium.

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?i...oller=category
I'm so sick of the bog on this machine.... I'll call you next week, I already have the Ti can.

Old 10-28-2018, 06:45 PM
therookie is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 10-29-2018, 08:05 AM
eldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 10-29-2018, 10:46 AM
therookie is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register

Old 10-30-2018, 02:46 PM
Currently: making room in the garage :)
Thunder101 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder101 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder101 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder101 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder101 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder101 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder101 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder101 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder101 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder101 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder101 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register