• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQR build

G
Mar 16, 2009
Hey Nick this is Dallas Teenas dad has an easy ride on his turbo if you need help let me know maybe you can take a look at it if you need to

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
Man, alot of those parts look familiar. You gonna bring that pony west this season and grab some CA deep powder?

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Man, alot of those parts look familiar. You gonna bring that pony west this season and grab some CA deep powder?

Yea, I figured you might recognize a few of them..:thumb:

I would LOVE to make the trip over that direction.. Time and money will tell what and where I can go this season.. If I get the chance though, I will for sure let you know.. I heard you guys have some good riding last year.. Lets hope for even better riding and tons more snow this year!!:pray2:

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Here is some more I got done.. Too busy working on everyone elses **** to get much on mine done.. Thats going to stop.. Snow has hit the ground once already so I am sure riding is too far off..

Anyway, changed the turbo arrangement around.. I just didnt like it the way it sat in there before.. Got the pipe mocked up to where it will bolt and mount and next will be where the exhaust exits the belly pan.. I will post more pictures as things progress again..

2011-10-08_20-17-12_187.jpg

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Got a little more work done on the sled today.. got the pipe entirely welded up and got the exhaust outlet from the turbo the the belly pan welded up.. Now just need to clean it up so I can post a few pics.. :) I also decided to cut my footboards off in place of IQR airframe style boards. To my knowledge, this is the first time this has been done on an iqr.. If not, not too many out there..:becky: Anyway, hacking the boards all off was a little nerve racking, but once its going there is no turning back.. Cut everything up, now just need to do some clean up and permanently mount these up.. I like them so far though.. The second to last pic is with the traction screws installed. The last pic is what the sled will some what resemble when finished.It will be cleaner though.. Cant wait!!

20111015_133335.jpg

20111015_141916.jpg

20111015_145801.jpg

20111015_173435.jpg

20111015_204252.jpg

Last edited:
Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
I have made a few more changes to this setup and am hoping to have it finished soon now that the snow has started to fly here and I have nothing to ride..:face-icon-small-sad

I painted the boards black to match most of the sled.. Hope this holds up..

I changed the tunnel extension a little so the tunnel coolers fit better.. It was just kicked up too high..

Started putting my new Zbroz arms on it.. They look awesome!!

Need to just a few more things to the chassis and it will be off the stand and then running very shortly after that.. Cant wait!! More pics to come with more progress..

20111030_145230.jpg

20111030_191044.jpg

20111030_190602.jpg

G

getoan

Dec 1, 2007
Wow, nice work. Looks like your going to be enjoying the fruits of your labour soon, can't wait to see how it performs.

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Ok, a few more updates..

Changed my mind on the EZ Ryde and am going to run a timbersled instead. I just couldnt get the EZ in there right to save my life and was tired of drilling holes in my tunnel.. Was a headache for me and took WAY too much time. I probably could have been done with the whole thing now if I hadnt wasted so much time on the skid.. Not sure why I had such a hard time with it..:censored:

The Timbersled that I will be running will have the Fox Floats and I am running stock 09 Dragon rails.. Really wanted the brand new Timbersled setup, but just wasnt in the cards for this season..

Next, I am hoping to have the coolers welded up this weekend..

Going to have my pipe welded up tomorrow so it can finally be bolted up and be done with that part of the build.

Once the skid and turbo is installed, the only things left to do is a few mods to my charge tube and intake, start connecting everything up and hopefully have it running so I can start tuning.. Who knows how much longer this is going to take though.. Not scrambling yet since we dont have any snow to even ride on to tune this thing.

Will post more pics as things are being finished and I am on the home stretch..:clap2:

Last edited:
T
Dec 12, 2007
We always revalved our walker evans shocks with great results. Once you get them soft enough that you can actually use the clicker adjustment the are a very nice shock.

2nd that. Once you change all springs for lighter softer and revalve shocks close to Walker's trail specs they are money! I am fairly light about 160 lbs and trail ride and went with a 130lb spring on front and going with 130-140 lb front shock spring and even swap torsions for softer IQ trail torsions. I have all the specs if you want them. Pro x torsions may even work but I don't think shock springs will for shocks not positive. I do like the Fox evol's or x's. Not a fan of these fox really or the Walker air 2.0 shocks either. I would keep mine over those but dump mine for evols for sure. Just my opinion.

T
Dec 12, 2007
Thanks.. Yea it has the thrasher hood.. Keeping the stock hood just in case this hood doesnt work out.. Some like them, some dont.. I will also be adding a vent kit.

What's the thrasher hood? I added a Mountain Fit light weight hood and have had it for years and like it just fine. I added a ton of vents most all custom made by me and also some by Polaris and Mountain fit. I added a lot of foil tape for exhaust etc. I think the people that don't like them have other issues with there build that present a problem that makes hood look bad like excessive heat under hood and not proper venting and hood sags or pipe fitment isnt very good and get close to hood and people talk bad about hood but is not the real issue. My hood is free and clear of all and took my time and has worked just great so I would think you would be just fine etc.

Premium Features