• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro RMK with HM turbo - The Skadi Mobile

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
you got it!! we actually were a bit rushed getting her together in time for the show and didn't even have all the right shocks in her yet!! I think Allen has gotten all the shocks back from Z-broz that are for MY sled and will have them all installed at the SLC show!! I plan to do another round of pictures once we do the final round of tweaking (there are a few other things that aren't quite 'snow ready' at this point!)

thanks for noticing though!

H

Hollywood99

Jan 11, 2010
Saskatchewan
chain case modification

Hi, i was just wandering if u have ridden ur pro with the chaincase mod and peak track. i have the same set up and allen is doing the mod on my chaincase. did u change gearing? How does the track perform? i am set up with a boondocker turbo and am curious to know how u liked the set up.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
emily, how tall are you and did you put the risers on your handlebars?

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
DEF no risers!!! I'm 5'10 and it's PERFECT the way it is... if I were any shorter I would want to SHORTEN the bars!

I haven't ridden it yet so I don't know about the gearing.. it JUST got into my clutches after the show circuit and we're tearing into it again to make the final mods:
Fastrax motor plate kit
check gearing/clutching
intercooler
cold air intake.

I'm hoping to be able to go next Sunday but I dunno that I would be able to REALLY speak to performance for a few weeks still until I can feel like I can get off trail with it. Coverage is still pretty minimal here!!

Oh, Scott... D and I are coming over for Turbo Days on the 10th so you better drag your booty out to say hi! ;) Final tuning on it will be that weekend, I should have everything built and installed by then (well, when I say I, I really mean D... He's laid off for the season now so he just got hired as my wrencher since I'm slammed with stuff!)

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Em, are turbo days on Dec 10 or Jan10?

Yummm. I'll plan on it.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Oh cool. At Lolo Pass?

They need to get that parking lot plowed out a little bit. I was there today. Just a little deep in there. :)

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
I haven't updated this in a while.... took me forever to load it (on the road and have a slow internet connection) so I thought rather than post all the pics this time I would post a link to my latest write-ups. I've had one tuning weekend ride in on this sled and then a full weekend in killer pow!! Then I had to take a weekend off to travel without my sled and boy I can tell you I missed her!! She is running strong, handling amazingly and has enough extra juice to get me into LOTS of fun (if troublesome) spots!! We're staying off the big hills this season and really putting this turbo to the test in the trees due to the avy danger. I'm Very happy with how is working for me and can't wait to get back home and rip on her some more!!

http://emilie-moreshead.com/hm-turbos-tuning-weekend

http://emilie-moreshead.com/kicking-out-the-old-and-bringing-in-the-new

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
Someone asked on BCR about the vi-pec so I thought I would bring what I posted over here too...

Here is what I know...

We got the vi-pec ecu last thursday and got it installed Friday. I'm not sure how the 'kit' will be packaged but I bought it before it was really available so we had to do a little more 'leg work'. I have some suggestions but we'll see if they need to be shared depending on what is offered from each dealer and from vi-pec themselves.

We got mine from vi-pec directly but are working with Mild 2 Wild and Jake has been a HELLUVA teacher!!

He's walked us through every step. We started from scratch, no experience with something like this at all and my BF, Daryn, was able to get it all tuned in! Granted he had a lot of phone calls to Jake and there was/is a learning curve for sure.

My understanding of this product is it's NOT a bolt on type of mod... Unless you have a dealer who will do the work for you! however, you will have to understand it a little bit. really though from what Daryn has said it's pretty easy to understand! Plus, once this first round of users, who were desperate enough to buy the vi-pec even though it still meant a little bit of work, the base maps should be even better!!

So far, coming into it cold (but having good support), we have been VERY impressed with the product!!! My sled was running poorly before with a very rich bottom end that I couldn't tune out and I'd burned through two fuel control boxes (not sure why they keep failing on me but it's been BRUTAL because the sled just starts to act 'funky' for lack of a better work and becomes EXTREMELY difficult to tune, well, it becomes impossible really!!!) Anyway, the vi-pec has taken away my bottom end rich spot and now my sled runs SOOOOO crisp on the bottom end!! the power is very linear since it's running well on the bottom now! So, although she's putting down way more power I think it will be so much more rideable!

Just the vi-pec alone added so much power that we turned the boost down and still had to throw a bunch more weight at the clutch. Pretty cool!!!

We're about done with field tuning and plan to take it to the mtn soon. Super impressed so far... more info once we get it to the mtns and see how she runs up there plus we'll try to give you some stats about how much more power she's putting out!

As of right now it's running 100% better than it ever did and more consistently. Not to mention that I have super snappy bottom end and a top end that pulls for days... sooo impressive!!

anyway, more after I get some time on it. I will see if D can chime in on here since he's during the actual computer part of the tuning!!

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
Nope, never did!! We found various things that WERE problems but once we would fix those the electrical issue would still come up (although less frequently towards the end).

Things to look at, kill switch, hand warmers, tether... towards the end we were wondering if maybe I just had something funky going on in the wiring harness and were looking at replacing all of it. We were running out of ideas and shotgun fix method was starting to look like our only way!!

Premium Features