• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

???sensor in charge tube?????

I have a 05 vector with a bender rear mount kit. What is the sensor in the charge line just over my right foot? It's not hooked to anything hence the question. have a a/f gauge and a boost gauge what more do i need. part two does everyones boost gauge bounce around (hard to read 12lbs -16lbs who can tell) it is plumbed into the cooler between the carbs, bad gauge, bad mounting position, or install a 1 way valve ??????? HELP please:confused:

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
That is not a sensor. That is the Pitot jet. It is used for fine tuning your jetting for altitude or temperature changes. It basically bleeds off boost that charges your fuel bowls. The larger the jet, the leaner your sled should run because of less float bowl pressure. I think I have all of this right.LOL

As for your gauge, I have mine plumbed the same way. There is a hose barb facing the carbs in the center of the intercooler. There is a small tube running to the gauge. My gauge doesn't jump around much at all. I have a Pro-comp silver face gauge. Make sure all of your hoses are sealed well and not leaking.

Hope this helps.

Lance

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
For your gauge bouncing iv never seen a boost gauge do that but on my fuel pressure gauges i always put a needle valve in right before the gauge and just barely crack it so your controlling volume maybe something to try

I see the jet for tuning but there is what looks like a o2 sensor just over my right foot in the charge tube?????

going to check for leaks in the turbo gauge line, need to install a 90 at the gauge to help clear the hood anyway

still cant find any needles to fit the stock carb or any conversion charts, leaning out from 1/8th to 1/2 throttle to the tune of 17.5 /1 OUCH damn yammi not using keihin numbers or making this specific model adjustable F***************k

Premium Features