• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

mpi under tunnel exhaust

N
Dec 7, 2008
Armstrong B.C
any one have any luck with under tunnel exhaust on a super charged nytro im going to try my new under tunnel exhuast out tomorrow what i did was make a U in the pipe an put my hindle pipe on an its going to direction of the snow traveling i think i should work well any one else try this

H
Nov 25, 2008
i made my own system too, went to a muffler shop and bought a $40 bottle and some clamps and started welding. cut the stock pipe a little further up from the 3 into 1 where its a little bigger. should flow better. only problem was a clamp came off at 70 mph, hit track and cracked front heat exchanger enough to lose coolant. but that was my fault, so double nutted all clamps and havent had any more problems

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
any one have any luck with under tunnel exhaust on a super charged nytro im going to try my new under tunnel exhuast out tomorrow what i did was make a U in the pipe an put my hindle pipe on an its going to direction of the snow traveling i think i should work well any one else try this

I did this EXACT same thing to start the season last year and wasted 2 rides in Revy because it would not run in the deep pow.

I called MPI (who answered the phone on a day they were closed for inventory) and described my symptoms and the first question they asked was "do you have an under tunnel exhaust"?

Apparently, S/C dont like backpressure...I found out the hard way. For the remainder of last season, I welded a 90* after the muffler and ran it out the side of the tunnel (way too loud).

This year, I ran it all the way out the back and turned it down right in front of the snow flap...ran it in Revy last weekend in deep pow and it worked great.

Hope this helps.

Dec 2, 2009
Anaconda Mt.
I just took the first ride yesterday on my supercharged apex after building my own under tunnel exhaust. we were in about a foot and a half of powder on top a good base. The exhaust worked great it exits to the right side just behind the drop bracket. I didnt have any bog issues at all and it sounds great. real cheap to build also.

N
Dec 7, 2008
Armstrong B.C
well my under tunnel exhaust worked un real loved it not loud at all the an i was in powder about 3 feet deep all day worked very well the air filter under the hood is a no go tho has to be out from the steam

H
Nov 25, 2008
Somewhat off topic, but my welder is coming over and asked me what material the header is made off to weld the mcx turbo inlet too I assume a low grade stainless.......is that correct???

i just used a normal MIG, no fancy wire or gas and seemed to work just fine

Premium Features