• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kmod With A 3" Clearance

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
For people that have run Kmod skids in the 2014+ mounting locations with 3" tracks: have you noticed any clearance issues at the very rear of the tunnel when the suspension fully bottoms out? I'm currently running a 2.6 PC track with this setup and see track marks on the back tunnel plate that the snowflap mounts to. I'm worried that when I put my 3" PC track on that it's going to grab that plate and damage it, the track, or both. I'll know more when I put it in and cycle the skid without the springs in place. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Following up now that I finally got my 3" track and genIII conversion done on the skid. It is indeed possible to have a clearance problem and have the track get ahold of the rear of the tunnel. Compressing the skid evenly front and rear there is probably 5" of clearance at the back. Compressing the rear only and letting the front extend the skid pivots around the rear arm and the track gets up there. In the attached picture I was told the front still didn't have the limiter tight without a spring on the shock, but if it was in place and could push out a little more the back would swing up even more. Rear was just touching the bottom out bumpers so once those compressed it would get there too.

kmod 4.jpg kmod 3.jpg kmod 5.jpg

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Mods

I turned my 2016 M800 LTD into a mountain cat with the tki drop and roll and 8 tooth drivers.
I added a gen 2 KMOD 174" and and X3 track at the same time as a Vanamburg 174" tunnel and bumper. I've never checked to see if it was close like yours but I also know it's never hit it.

Maybe you've gotta mod your tunnel or add a aftermarket tunnel or bumper.
I really like how mine turned out!
What are you thinking of doing?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I'm going to knock the side rivets out that hold the plate (leave the ones running along the top), angle the plate up, and re-rivet into the inside face of the bumper. Might loose a little hand clearance when grabbing the bumper, but I'm running without a flap and a small LED taillight so should still have plenty of space to grab ahold of it.

I have to admit I'm getting a little frustrated with ironing out the details of this "complete drop in" skid.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Mods

I hear ya.
My sled at 8-10lbs of boost with the stock skid and 7 tooth drivers was an out of control wheelie machine on boost.
With the 174 KMOD it's easy to ride.

Premium Features