• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How about our great President!!!

Thread Rating
3.00 star(s)

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I'm tired of arguing. It's like the gulf fishing stuff you posted. They claim how severely impacted the fishing was and when you get to the end of the story, they report a 10% drop in catching as compared to 02-09. A whole 10%. I could see if it was 50% they would have a bitch. I would imagine it would fluctuate that much without anything happening. Do you think the fisherman might have a reason to say fishing is down cause they will get a big check from BP. Naw, that couldn't be it.
Bet if you got a 10% pay cut because of the actions of someone else, you'd bitch too.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
This past week I had heard on NPR, that deforestation effects climate change negatively more than all the cars, factory's, power plants, etc combined.

A blast from the past from the greatest President we ever had. (Apprentice president Trump couldn't hold a candle to this great man.)

A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.
– Franklin D. Roosevelt

Even our landscape here in the heartland has changed since I grew up.

Shelterbelts planted to prevent the wind erosion like we had in the 30's have been removed to make larger fields.
Rolling hills that were left as grassland and pasture to prevent erosion have been broken and converted to tillable land.

I greatly fear another drought cycle like the 30's will be just as catastrophic as we have forgotten the lessons our grandparents learned living through that.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Even our landscape here in the heartland has changed since I grew up.

Shelterbelts planted to prevent the wind erosion like we had in the 30's have been removed to make larger fields.
Rolling hills that were left as grassland and pasture to prevent erosion have been broken and converted to tillable land.

I greatly fear another drought cycle like the 30's will be just as catastrophic as we have forgotten the lessons our grandparents learned living through that.
We have had winds the last 3-4 years here like I am use to in North Dakota. And that's not normal for us. We have had so much rain here, I couldn't start a bonfire with the fire piles I have with a 100 gallons of diesel fuel.
It's really getting old.
And of course in many recent years, we have winter that really isn't winter!!!!
Sickening!

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I'm tired of arguing. It's like the gulf fishing stuff you posted. They claim how severely impacted the fishing was and when you get to the end of the story, they report a 10% drop in catching as compared to 02-09. A whole 10%. I could see if it was 50% they would have a bitch. I would imagine it would fluctuate that much without anything happening. Do you think the fisherman might have a reason to say fishing is down cause they will get a big check from BP. Naw, that couldn't be it.
I do apologize for being ignorant, but who are you replying to?

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
No worries. I struggle with the hi-tech world we live in, so I don't get everything that comes up in this forum. Maybe Mafesto knows what I am talking about. Then again maybe not.:face-icon-small-ton

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Bet if you got a 10% pay cut because of the actions of someone else, you'd bitch too.

I farm and ranch. I have had a 50% pay cut the last two years. The point was that 10% is well within the realm of natural occurrence. It's like everything, it can't go up forever. Can't snow more every year, can't rain more, can't catch more fish, can't have more deer.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
DBIcFhuV0AEqYho.jpg

J
Jan 15, 2010
I can't believe he is so clueless to say "we don't want other nations to laugh at us" as he is pulling out of the Paris accord. what little respect he and by consequence the US had on the world stage just went up in a puff of black smoke...

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
There's two sides to that subject.
I understand and respect both sides.
However I am pleased with our great President Trump's decision.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
There's two sides to that subject.
I understand and respect both sides.
However I am pleased with our great President Trump's decision.
Mafesto, you should really take some time and read through all the links I posted.
Check out their source material, and see if you still think it's all BS.

Premium Features