• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Keeping the '15 another year...?

GreenState

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
McCall
So I've got a '15 Pro, best sled I've ever had (mods in sig.) Three year warranty and a Golden Ticket in hand. There's 5 years of support for this sled and we know what the issues are.

I've snochecked the last two years, but this year I'm kind of hesitant.

As glowing as the reviews of the AXYS have been, I feel like there are some bugs that are going to come to light once the sled is on the market.

I'm not sure I want to be part of the development team...

I ride 5 days a week usually and don't have room on the sled deck for a backup sled.

Thoughts?

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
The first thought that comes to mind is that if your riding 5 days a week your going to need a new sled every year regardless if its a new model year or not? Even if your only riding 30 miles a day you have to put on over 3,000 miles a year riding 5 days a week. The pro is pretty worn out after 2,000 miles, I dont see you getting 2 years trouble free out of one with out spending a bunch of money on up keep. Once they started dropping so much weight off the sleds durability and longevity are history. Eric

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Greenstate-- totally relate to your position. We have built a small (4) fleet of Pros and have all the spares in place. Trying to be pragmatic and wait a year and pick up a used (preferably crashed) AXYS Pro RMK.

The problem is.... I rode the new AXYS Pro. Do not make the same mistake until you are ready to buy one.

SRXSRULE-- agreed that with no upkeep a 5,000 mile mountain sled is beat too death. My 2011 ProRMK with 4,600 miles on chassis and new Indy LR motor with new exhaust donuts, rebuilt clutch, and stock pipe and can sounds nice and tight and runs with 2013-15 Pros no problem.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Nothing lasts forever but puppies take care and attention and you have to train and clean up the "you know what's".

A well trained dog in it's prime is your best friend and can save your a## when you least expect it.

If you got a good dog,,, why start again with the puppy thing?

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
I'll be keeping mine, heck still under 300 km on it, barely ridden it enough to take some of the decals off the panels :face-icon-small-ton
Am looking at adding to the fleet, the new Axys sure is promising, and see what Doo has to say..

IMG_3079.jpg

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Yup, keeping mine as well. Crappy snow year, brand new sled and will be just broken in starting next year (I don't get to ride 5 days a week....). I'll be keeping my '15 through at least next season. Might snow check a '17, but we'll see. These Pros are going to take such a slaughtering on trade in value this year, I really don't think they'll drop much more after that. Big rush of folks trading in their Pros to get the Axys, dealers will be turning them away. Time to hold onto the '15, unless you've just got money to burn.

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
My 15 Assault only has a few hundred miles on it, can't see giving it away. Maybe it will become my backup (what a shame).

Not sure about snow checking, weren't people upset last year about better deals being offered in the fall than what they snow checked?

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Mine will probably find its way to a new home. Have 55 hours on it, buddy wants it bad. Will only have cost me a grand to own it this season.

A
Oct 25, 2013
My 15 will have 1000+ hard miles at the end of the season. Ill be interested what my dealer offers me for a trade value. Most likely Ill ride it another season, unless there are crazy snow check options.

S
Dec 15, 2007
Kelowna BC
Crappy snow year I only have 110 miles on my 15 RMK 163.I'll be keeping it.I may sell my wife's cream puff 09 RMK 700 e's and give her my sled then I would maybe get a 17 as I have a golden ticket to use.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Barely ridden my 15, in this market holdovers are the best deal. I sure wouldn't be snowchecking one, if I was gonna buy a first year I'd most definitely wait and see if there was gonna be snow to ride it on.

E
Oct 22, 2009
NY
Sounds like you buy a new sled every year, why stop now? The motor has been out a year at this point and I haven't seen much if any bad press on the Internet. The chassis seems pretty sweet and it sounds like some improvement over the current Pro chassis. If I rode 5 days a week in the woods I would prob be upgrading.

I'm curious to see what the SBA will look like in the new chassis since mine just rolled over the 3000 mile mark. Depending on trade in I might be real interested in a 2016.

Premium Features