• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 won't idle?

TOlsen

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Martin City, MT
First time I've had this problem. When coming to a stop it will die, or sometimes it will not idle down all the way, stay up around 2250, other times it idled normal. Give it a little throttle and it runs fine. Figured tps, or throttle safety switch, just not sure how to figure out witch. Thanks, Tim

S
Dec 25, 2007
Seattle
try disconnecting the kill switch...the idle saftey on the throttle block goes bad and does this...for the meantime u can use the key to turn it off if this is the problem until u buy a new throttle block

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
tps or tps harness problem most likely as 05900 said check out the sticky threads at the top of the forum

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
First time I've had this problem. When coming to a stop it will die, or sometimes it will not idle down all the way, stay up around 2250, other times it idled normal. Give it a little throttle and it runs fine. Figured tps, or throttle safety switch, just not sure how to figure out witch. Thanks, Tim

Check your throttle cable, if that loooks good make sure the slack adjustment is good.
I had the same problems after the dealer worked on the sled.
They did a lousy job of routing cable. That was the last time I let a dealer touch the sled.

If thats not the problem you get to chase a gremlin.

Premium Features