• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

recall on the 08 XP

J
I was told by my dealer it might be a couple "more" weeks before my sled gets the recall done to it. I took the sled up there more than two and half weeks ago. I normally would just go and ride it, but in december I mostly ride with my wife and 11 year old son, and I would hate to have to leave a sled out there because I could not pull it back. I know there has only been 200+ or so break, but I dont want to risk my family safety.

joe

EDIT: How much time are your dealerships telling you are going to have to wait? I want to go riding.....

Last edited:

sierra sleder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2008
Montana
Tom's Snowmobiles, Sierra City CA, is the best for recall work (especially if you purchased from him). Mine was in and out in 5 days back in October.

Wow, that sucks! The dealer over here just had people call in and get on a list. They call you when your driveshaft shows up and have you drop the sled off. On my sled I dropped it off on Tuesday and picked it up on Wednesday, they appologized that it was not done same day because the mechanic had gotten a few sleds behind.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Saw my dealer tuesday evening and asked him if he got more driveshafts in. He said he did so I asked him when I could get it in.(He had known I was waiting for one for a while) His reply was bring it by wednesday evening and we'll get her done. I got there about 8:00 pm and had it out by 11:00 pm and did several other things also. How many other dealers out there will do that on a regular basis for their customers.....This is the only dealer I know of that works on customers sleds nearly every evening to keep caught up. Top notch service......

Premium Features