• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 M8000 supercharger

S
Dec 27, 2018
Hey guys how many do we have that ride with Supercharger out there? I did buy my kit right now but can’t find many riders with it .

What reeds do I buy? Or is original ok ?

What is the max boost for the sled do you think I ride 0-4000m

Any more tips for me before I go and dyno it ?

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
Well the speed werx supercharger has an water to air intercooler so stock reeds should be fine with cool intake temps. Heard from a fella who ran one said with 7-8 psi boost only 91 octane was used from 4500 ft and up. I would think throttle response would be consistently better than turbo.

S
Dec 27, 2018
Well the speed werx supercharger has an water to air intercooler so stock reeds should be fine with cool intake temps. Heard from a fella who ran one said with 7-8 psi boost only 91 octane was used from 4500 ft and up. I would think throttle response would be consistently better than turbo.

I did order boyson the onew that have the rubber tub on ( the more expensive ones ) and I ordered wiseco pistons. Speedwerx told me that 10 psi is easy to run will try 98 octane and some booster . I have the intercooler . I did think that it would be more people’s that run Supercharger but it seems that it is not that many. ???

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
They are pretty much double the price of turbos most likely why not people run them. If some one makes a supercharger to compete prices would likely drop

xkidrt

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2013
stick with the stock/original Reeds. I talked to Speedwerx and they told me to take my boysen reeds out and put my stock ones back in. The 8lbs of boost will be lot to handle at first to get used to. I know the stock pistons handle the supercharger well. As long as you have the lower compression head you will be fine.

Oct 27, 2008
2015 superchraged

I’m currently running the speedwerx supercharged in my 15 depending on pullys but jeremy from speedwerx said to run stock reeds and stock pistons until 10lbs of boost but I’m running 0-4000ft and sleds pulls great instant power currently sled is down waiting on a set of pistons I did a inspection and found a piston with cracked skirt don’t think it was caused by boost just a freak thing cuz besides the crack pistons look great and I’m running 92oct on it right now

S
Dec 27, 2018
?

What clutch settings do you guys use ? I will start my sled up next week. Really crazy to see how it works and . Did go with wiseco pistons and boyson super stock reeds. Did send back my boyson cages because boyson told me that it would not work good with boost . Do any of you guys have your sled dyno?

A.ekstrom

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2010
Scandinavia
If you do get it on the dyno please let us know the result. Haven't found a single dyno sheet on a supercharger anywhere. Where do you plan having it done ?

I'm on a 950 BB so i cant help you with the clutching. Should have come with the kit right ?

S
Dec 27, 2018
If you do get it on the dyno please let us know the result. Haven't found a single dyno sheet on a supercharger anywhere. Where do you plan having it done ?

I'm on a 950 BB so i cant help you with the clutching. Should have come with the kit right ?

NO it did not but i have seen guys use helix that is 48
So I will try my 43 now and see how it works. Ooo do you have 950cc and Supercharger? That sounds fun ?

I have a dyno guy here in Sweden but I don’t know if
I have time to go that guy because it’s 500 kilometers to his dyno ?.

But I will start my sled up next weekend so I will hopefully get to see how it works and then maybe I will go down and dyno when all is 100% .

Do any of you guys use the high compression head for more power? What octane do you think we need to use then ? I drive 98 octane now

Storskogen

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2014
Sweden
From your name I guess you live in Sweden?
Have you talked to Patrik at SMP in Luleå? http://www.mtnprod.se
They work with Speedwerx and have had a supercharger back in 2011/2012, maybe Mats still has it?

M800 -13, Speedwerx full exhaust, PCV. BC WT 660T -06

Last edited:
I
Jan 4, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
This was on mine when I got it.

Primary Weights = T-2
Primary Clutch Spring = H5-D-148-290
Secondary Clutch Spring = Black with silver stripe
Helix = Straight 38 Degree
Belt = 0627-084

For my elevation(6,000-9,000ft) this is the recommended from speedwerx.
s-2 or t-2 weights
148-290 drive spring
150-250 driven spring
Straight 38 helix

Sled should run 8100-8400 rpm.

It was a lot to handle. Too much. I bought an 18 clutch and new clutching parts from speedwerx and it made a world of difference.

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
This was on mine when I got it.

Primary Weights = T-2
Primary Clutch Spring = H5-D-148-290
Secondary Clutch Spring = Black with silver stripe
Helix = Straight 38 Degree
Belt = 0627-084

For my elevation(6,000-9,000ft) this is the recommended from speedwerx.
s-2 or t-2 weights
148-290 drive spring
150-250 driven spring
Straight 38 helix

Sled should run 8100-8400 rpm.

It was a lot to handle. Too much. I bought an 18 clutch and new clutching parts from speedwerx and it made a world of difference.

What degree helix now B?

A.ekstrom

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2010
Scandinavia
NO it did not but i have seen guys use helix that is 48
So I will try my 43 now and see how it works. Ooo do you have 950cc and Supercharger? That sounds fun ?

I have a dyno guy here in Sweden but I don’t know if
I have time to go that guy because it’s 500 kilometers to his dyno ?.

But I will start my sled up next weekend so I will hopefully get to see how it works and then maybe I will go down and dyno when all is 100% .

Do any of you guys use the high compression head for more power? What octane do you think we need to use then ? I drive 98 octane now

Any progress on the supercharger ?

Naa i',m running the 950 naturally aspirated. Plenty powerful as it is :face-icon-small-coo

S
Dec 27, 2018
Any progress on the supercharger ?

Naa i',m running the 950 naturally aspirated. Plenty powerful as it is :face-icon-small-coo

I have work a lot but I will get back to the sled in 7 days then it will be trying to get some riding and testing out some springs and weight and maybe I go up to the border of Sweden and get me some really nice riding. Will get back to you all soon

S
Dec 27, 2018
From your name I guess you live in Sweden?
Have you talked to Patrik at SMP in Luleå? http://www.mtnprod.se
They work with Speedwerx and have had a supercharger back in 2011/2012, maybe Mats still has it?

Jo jag är från Umeå ja ha pratat med han man han hade fullt upp sa han . Han ville int ta tag i min skoter å bänka å fixa den . Ja hoppas ja kan få de gjort av han i slutet eller får de bli nästa höst . Då ja vet dom gör ett grymt jobb

Storskogen

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2014
Sweden
Jo jag är från Umeå ja ha pratat med han man han hade fullt upp sa han . Han ville int ta tag i min skoter å bänka å fixa den . Ja hoppas ja kan få de gjort av han i slutet eller får de bli nästa höst . Då ja vet dom gör ett grymt jobb
Ok, hoppas det löser sig. Här i Boden försvann just 10-15cm snö (av
~50-60cm). Storm och +7 i två dagar

S
Dec 27, 2018
Blir nya rem hjul i år . Nu blir de speedwerx största på veven sen så kommer ja börja

6,75 nedre remhjul över blir 3,25 detta ska de leverera 12 psi ska börja där å se hur mappningen blir har även beställt nu så ja kan kliva upp på 16psi

Kommer även i år att åka 110 oktan sen så blir de att göra helt ny mapp i pc5 an då ja anser att de levererar för lite Power .

Rev motorn i sommar å de finns inte ett täcken på att vi har åkt 8-10psi hel vintern . Så de e ju skönt . Ska även bråka en del med variatorerna då ja int riktigt är nöjd med hur dom växlar ?

A.ekstrom

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2010
Scandinavia
Blir nya rem hjul i år . Nu blir de speedwerx största på veven sen så kommer ja börja

6,75 nedre remhjul över blir 3,25 detta ska de leverera 12 psi ska börja där å se hur mappningen blir har även beställt nu så ja kan kliva upp på 16psi

Kommer även i år att åka 110 oktan sen så blir de att göra helt ny mapp i pc5 an då ja anser att de levererar för lite Power .

Rev motorn i sommar å de finns inte ett täcken på att vi har åkt 8-10psi hel vintern . Så de e ju skönt . Ska även bråka en del med variatorerna då ja int riktigt är nöjd med hur dom växlar ?

Kul att det har funkat för dig ! Du har inte kört den i bänk ? Hade vart kul att se hur mycket pulver kompressorn levererar. Har ju vart en del kontroverser kring om det "går" att köra kompressor på tvåtakt eller inte. Är den törstig ?

Premium Features