• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turcotte Horizontal post and CFR Bars are awesome!

Plunkitt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2017
Wenatchee, WA
You'll want to get your riser straight in line with the post
All personal preference. No reason in pointing it at you, that just pushes you farther away from the front of the sled. Unless you want to stand farther back or lean farther back.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
Not just personal preference. Seen it a few times now. Guys running horizontal post and Doo guys. Steering is a lot more stable when the riser is in line with the post. After a few rides just try putting it in line, you might be surprised.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I dislike the doo steering post alignment more than anything it puts the bars to wrong in your hip

Plunkitt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2017
Wenatchee, WA
Not just personal preference. Seen it a few times now. Guys running horizontal post and Doo guys. Steering is a lot more stable when the riser is in line with the post. After a few rides just try putting it in line, you might be surprised.
I have an Allen wrench with me to adjust while riding. I'll definitely play with it thanks

shadow conspiracy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Quesnel, B.C.
Looks like a steering post from the 2012 m1100 will accomplish the same thing. Should be a bunch of those floating around for the guys that switched to the tri-pod.
I have one but I'm up in Canada.

Plunkitt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2017
Wenatchee, WA
How much $ did this setup cost ? I'm interested in buying also.

heres the kit which has either just the steering blocks for relocation or you can add the steering post too. $79 for blocks $179 for blocks and post.

http://oftracing.com/OnlineStore15/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34&products_id=164

I found a 2012 F800 post for $35 on Ebay. also bought the bars $104, grips $18, elements $30, riser $65, corks $8.

This is a M1100 (not the same thing)
http://www.snowmobile.com/gallery/g...1100-Turbo-High-Country-Sno-Pro-Handlebar.JPG
After you do this kit you will have a 1-1/4" or so hole where the post used to be. the 4 stroke post uses the same hole. the new post will come out in front of the rounded metal brace that holds the post in place.

Last edited:

Plunkitt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2017
Wenatchee, WA
totally failed on my last post. just saw a '13 m1100 yesterday and the post and bracket were totally different than I have seen before. maybe what I had seen before was aftermarket? not sure. so disregard what I said about 4 stroke post in last message :face-icon-small-dis

Plunkitt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2017
Wenatchee, WA
If a guy decides to do this is the cat steering post more or less vertical then the skidoo xm or gen4 post, anyone measure these angles?
I haven't looked at a gen 3 ski doo recently, but next to a gen 4 my cat looks pretty close to the same angle

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
I personally love this style of steering over the vertical post. I went with CRF bars/riser and 1" lower than stock and it feels so much better

Tyshu2

Lifetime Membership
Sep 17, 2016
I did this setup on my 16 LTD and absolutely love it!!!!!!! I am 6'5" and yes just being able to dip your shoulder to steer is much easier on the elbows. I had to get down way low to steer before and was a awkward to control. Now it's easy and elbows don't hurt.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
kjhyOJG.jpg

Tyshu2

Lifetime Membership
Sep 17, 2016
Another thing is that with having the steering a couple inches further forward it just seems more balanced especially when hanging on when the turbo lifts the front end up in the air. I definitely don't hang on to the bars as tight compared to vertical post. Easier to control with feet and leaning. Just seems easier and more in control for me. Maybe has to do with running long tracked snow x sleds for a number of years.....

20180330_222429.jpg

Ddub

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Another thing is that with having the steering a couple inches further forward it just seems more balanced especially when hanging on when the turbo lifts the front end up in the air. I definitely don't hang on to the bars as tight compared to vertical post. Easier to control with feet and leaning. Just seems easier and more in control for me. Maybe has to do with running long tracked snow x sleds for a number of years.....
DAMN that is one sick ride!! What headlight delete is that?

Tyshu2

Lifetime Membership
Sep 17, 2016
DAMN that is one sick ride!! What headlight delete is that?

It's a mountain fit hood. It's turbo so I ran the intake kind of up along the spar and installed the cat windshield storage unit. No snow behind the gauge and deflects branches really well from the air intake. Even if I was running a naturally aspirated I may consider a turbo intake with the mountain fit hood because it drops so much weight getting rid of the stock hood. I was able to narrow up the side panels considerably, very close to Ascender. Even trimmed the front part of side panels that always catch branches and sucked them tighter and used 1/4 turn pins. Very happy with it

Last edited:

Tyshu2

Lifetime Membership
Sep 17, 2016
I have to mention that I really like the mountain fit hood. Especially with the OFT bracket. Just need to take time with installation and get it to fit right. The area between the gauge and the OFT bracket is a natural pocket for snow to build up so I had a small waist pack and installed it there and it fits in there like a glove and keeps snow from accumulating in the area in front of the steering post. Kinda where the goggle bag is on the stock hood. Great to have extra bit of storage.

Premium Features