• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2001 rmk 800 cut out at high elevation

R
Dec 3, 2012
1st post here so i home someone can help,1st ride out on my 800 and i noticed after about 4500-4800 the sled sarts sputtering,but when u pin full throttle seems to go fine,putting plugs into it today,air leak around carb boots?maybe running fat?jetting?compresiions at 145 on both cylynders..any help would be apreciated.

S
Dec 27, 2007
Aberdeen, SD
Is this a new to you sled? If not, did it run good last season at same altitude? If it idles good, and runs well at full throttle, it would normally mean you need to make a needle clip adjustment for the mid range.

SD

S
Dec 27, 2007
Aberdeen, SD
You are not really giving enough info, for anyone to diagnose your problem. The pilot jets control idle & low speed. The needles (clip setting) controls midrange 1/4 to 3/4 of throttle. The main jets control 3/4 to wot. All three have some effect on each other.

To answer your question, you have to remove the carb caps on top, and remove the needles. There is an adjusting clip on them, for richer or leaner. Raising the clip is leaner, lowering the clip is richer.

SD

Premium Features