• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

belt drives, lower bearing

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
i seen the MVM belt drives replace the top bearing with a sealed unit, and then simply pack the lower driveshaft bearing with grease and block it off with a seal.
Is this how TKI and c3 does it?
how are the bearings holding up over the years?
maybe this is covered in another post, its summer, im flirting with this idea again. :face-icon-small-coo

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
That is how TKI does it too. If you've been running your chain case for an extended time with the aluminum lower gear then you want to make sure you flush that lower bearing out pretty good. Could always replace it with a new sealed one if it makes you feel better. I'd probably only do that if you planned to pull the driveshaft and take the track out for some reason.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
3600 miles on a tki 2016 proclimb all bearing are still in good shape. I do take the seal off and re pack it about 1500 miles. easy on and just use a pick on the outer edge to pull it off. sealed or un sealed are the same bearing other than the seal.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
pretty easy to swap a new belt on if i had to on the mountain? not sure why else i would order the spare belt with it...

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
i seen the MVM belt drives replace the top bearing with a sealed unit, and then simply pack the lower driveshaft bearing with grease and block it off with a seal.
Is this how TKI and c3 does it?
how are the bearings holding up over the years?
maybe this is covered in another post, its summer, im flirting with this idea again. :face-icon-small-coo

Yes they last a very long time, and worst case scenario, a replacement bearing is really inexpensive.

We have 10% off going with our July special on belt drive too!!
use code BDX4J-2018

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?id_category=319&controller=category

belt drive cat with oil 2016-17.jpg

Premium Features