• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Blue Mountains 2017-18

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
Was hoping to ride the blues today but because of lack of snow I went hunting and found this
6f30268e51e78ba29dade6869961616d.png
37ce4ab5bc83cf60619bdf7c461faa33.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
Ride Report 12/16/17

Drive to Cloverland... at the snow park MAYBE 2 inches... blue skies... enough snow to tune some leaf spring sleds.. (success with the Polaris 340 liquid the free air still has issues)... people were trailering stuff higher (I did not) but I would suspect no measurable store until 5800 feet elevation...

FlyingW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WA
I rode with the Cat clan yesterday. First to Godman for a hamburger and then road ride to Tiger Canyon to try to get the new paint smell removed from the new Cat when you follow him. The best snow was around the stateline area. Could at least cautiously get off the road there.

Picture is from Table Rock looking South and can follow the ridgeline of the Skyline Drive to Tollgate above the fog.

IMG_20171216_144051772_HDR.jpg

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
Ride Report 12/25/17

Merry Christmas! :face-icon-small-coo

Rode out of Cloverland. Road to the snow park is good. In the snow park 6-8 inches of powder... slight increase in snow as you climb higher and getting to 5800 feet elevation-ish 1 foot... up at the marker just shy of 2 feet :face-icon-small-con Since the snow is powder you sink down so riding off road has a potential for disaster... :face-icon-small-sad

FlyingW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WA
On the Dayton side I rode with a herd of Cats. They heard the area was groomed so I think there were a couple dozen Cats in the Snopark. More than I had seen in a long time.

I didn't pay much attention to the parking lot snow depth but it is 2 plus feet and rapidly increasing as you weren't up the mountain. In our group for the day there were 7 Cats and 2 Doo's. We headed towards the deep snow at stateline which the snotel currently says 50 inches.

Trying to break trail up the hills and got caught on a little stump someone had cut high like the one the backpack is hanging on in the picture. The Cats were scattered across the hill below and behind me. CB.8 did finally make it up to me to put on the final touches of getting out.

It may have taken all day but we got all the Cats to the top of the hill in time to watch the sun go down and tell great stories. Going down to go home was mostly uneventful other than CB.8 calling on the radio saying he had found a six foot tree well and wanted me to come check it out. All Cats returned safe to the Snopark although some were bruised.

Ride safely and enjoy the snow and Happy Holidays.

IMG_20171223_122156018.jpg IMG_20171223_161804523_HDR.jpg

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
We Are Number 1!!!

at least we were the number one on the Daily Snowest Online Digest... goes to show BSing is king!

Do we win something? Get a new sled or a cookie?:face-icon-small-hap

FlyingW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WA
More cats on the hill!
You better be careful CB because your CP informed me that the area funeral home has shared the club's facebook pictures from Saturday's ride on their facebook page. They may be spotting new clients!:face-icon-small-con

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
You better be careful CB because your CP informed me that the area funeral home has shared the club's facebook pictures from Saturday's ride on their facebook page. They may be spotting new clients!:face-icon-small-con

Nope they are just looking to bury all the old doos. I will call and inform them that the cats already took care of that.

Last edited:

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
I’ll have my sled back today hopefully and bring the doo numbers back up, I have the pro sitting in the shop but don’t want to be seen on it haha

K
From what I know CB8 loves tree wells. :juggle:

On the Dayton side I rode with a herd of Cats. They heard the area was groomed so I think there were a couple dozen Cats in the Snopark. More than I had seen in a long time.

I didn't pay much attention to the parking lot snow depth but it is 2 plus feet and rapidly increasing as you weren't up the mountain. In our group for the day there were 7 Cats and 2 Doo's. We headed towards the deep snow at stateline which the snotel currently says 50 inches.

Trying to break trail up the hills and got caught on a little stump someone had cut high like the one the backpack is hanging on in the picture. The Cats were scattered across the hill below and behind me. CB.8 did finally make it up to me to put on the final touches of getting out.

It may have taken all day but we got all the Cats to the top of the hill in time to watch the sun go down and tell great stories. Going down to go home was mostly uneventful other than CB.8 calling on the radio saying he had found a six foot tree well and wanted me to come check it out. All Cats returned safe to the Snopark although some were bruised.

Ride safely and enjoy the snow and Happy Holidays.

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
From what I know CB8 loves tree wells. :juggle:

Most of the time I am the king of BS but I need to be serious for a minute.

Karl there is a moral to this story, the guys I choose to ride with today, come running when a fellow rider radios for help! I will leave it at that.

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
Rode with a different cat pack today in some real snow, never again will I ride with cats they were trying to climb trees, getting stuck going down hill on the road and everything else
4a1c4af59739baef49bfe2aa454d29e5.heic
59b820a7c2d9cc80e30762c6fc4737c9.heic
3557b24ad328b813ef4758154b019841.heic

Last edited:

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
Ride Report 12/31/17

Drove to Cloverland parking lot... road is rutted and a mix of ice and mud... 4 wheel towing a trailer does fine but truck and trailer gets covered in the goo

There is snow but mostly ice at the parking lot... looks like the groomer has been out. I was there only to work on vintage iron so stayed close to the parking lot. A guy said he rode to Misery and there were two feet at the marker... he said at about the guard station the snow got better...

Blue skies and cold!

Premium Features