• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BMP PROGRAMMED BULLYDOG GT

A
Nov 7, 2017
I’m not sure if this topic has been already talked about yet. Do you guys like it? Is it worth the money? What’s your feedback on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
I assume you have the BMP pipe and are thinking of adding their program via the Bullydog GT. In 2016 I had a 2016 163x2.6 that I had the BMP pipe on without the programmer. Ran great, much stronger than stock. For 2017 I had a 174x3 LE that I put the same pipe on plus added the y-pipe and BMP program. My 2017 ran strong, but I it wouldn't pull the same clutching or track speed as my 2016. This is probably due to the heavier and longer track. I was a little disappointed because I expected the y-pipe and program to make up the difference. Sled ran great with the program, but the 2016 ran great without it also. Since it's not exactly an apples to apples comparison, I can't say if the programmer and y-pipe made any extra power or not. I can say that I think the sled ran crisper on warm spring days with the programmer than without. Other than that, I couldn't really tell any difference having the program over not having it.

If you just asking about using the Bullydog to install the program, it works great. Very simple and straightforward. Be aware that the program is vehicle specific. You can remove the program and load the stock program back on your machine, but you can't use BMP's program on any other machine.

A
Nov 7, 2017
I assume you have the BMP pipe and are thinking of adding their program via the Bullydog GT. In 2016 I had a 2016 163x2.6 that I had the BMP pipe on without the programmer. Ran great, much stronger than stock. For 2017 I had a 174x3 LE that I put the same pipe on plus added the y-pipe and BMP program. My 2017 ran strong, but I it wouldn't pull the same clutching or track speed as my 2016. This is probably due to the heavier and longer track. I was a little disappointed because I expected the y-pipe and program to make up the difference. Sled ran great with the program, but the 2016 ran great without it also. Since it's not exactly an apples to apples comparison, I can't say if the programmer and y-pipe made any extra power or not. I can say that I think the sled ran crisper on warm spring days with the programmer than without. Other than that, I couldn't really tell any difference having the program over not having it.

If you just asking about using the Bullydog to install the program, it works great. Very simple and straightforward. Be aware that the program is vehicle specific. You can remove the program and load the stock program back on your machine, but you can't use BMP's program on any other machine.

Are you running a stock head?

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I’m not sure if this topic has been already talked about yet. Do you guys like it? Is it worth the money? What’s your feedback on it.

Ive been running this controller for the last two seasons. All over Upper Michigan (lower elevations) and a lot out west mainly Colorado. I really like mine, and Ive left it hooked up so I can read other gauges like Exhaust temp etc while driving. I do have the BMP head (high and low elevation) and matched with everything else in the stage 3 and 4 kit and really like it. If you have a stock sled there are still added features like increased oiling that is really nice with the electric oil pump that you cant do any other way. I have pics somewhere on here of where I have it mounted "through" my windshield bag. Its is in their rubberized cover to help protect it from the snow. Hope this helps.

A
Nov 7, 2017
Ive been running this controller for the last two seasons. All over Upper Michigan (lower elevations) and a lot out west mainly Colorado. I really like mine, and Ive left it hooked up so I can read other gauges like Exhaust temp etc while driving. I do have the BMP head (high and low elevation) and matched with everything else in the stage 3 and 4 kit and really like it. If you have a stock sled there are still added features like increased oiling that is really nice with the electric oil pump that you cant do any other way. I have pics somewhere on here of where I have it mounted "through" my windshield bag. Its is in their rubberized cover to help protect it from the snow. Hope this helps.

I guess I’ll be getting one than haha. Thanks for your input.

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
I just rode today for the first time with my BMP pipe and tune on my 2017. The only clutching changes made from stock was going from 64g to 68g weights. There was enough snow that a few wot hill pulls were possible. It was still pulling 8200-8300 rpm so the power increase must be there. It ran clean all day.

W

wisboy25

Feb 10, 2015
Wisconsin
I have there head y pipe pipe and get tuner on two sled one low elevation and one high with zero issues sled runs way stronger than stock and have not had one single runability issue yet

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.

Great feedback. This doesn't surprise me. While the longer/taller track would definitely not be as snappy, there were a lot of reports last year with people saying their comparable 16's were stronger/ran better than their 17's of the same track, etc.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Had the BMP pipe with a PC-V tuned from Dyno Jim. Ran like a champ all last year. Just finished installing the matching y-pipe/can, and low elevation head/matching BD tunes...
Cannot wait to pull the trigger on it !

C88FC73B-707D-4F97-BE4B-9AE2FF585288.jpg

A
Nov 7, 2017
I just rode today for the first time with my BMP pipe and tune on my 2017. The only clutching changes made from stock was going from 64g to 68g weights. There was enough snow that a few wot hill pulls were possible. It was still pulling 8200-8300 rpm so the power increase must be there. It ran clean all day.

What tune do you have?

Premium Features