• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 SnoWest "ULTIMATE" Project Trailer #3, the build begins

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
GOOSE

xtreme-teton-gooseneck.png

I still think this type of trailer with a 18'-20' "box" length would be a dream trailer to pull. Like a super over the top two place trailer. :face-icon-small-coo

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
No pictures of the trailer yet?
I have a loaner trailer for a few weeks while they get the new custom one built up.

Interesting observation.
Notice how smooth the sidewalls are on the Shaded side of the trailer?
And how they appear wavy on the sunny side.
As the sun hit the trailer coming out of shaded storage, the warmth made the aluminum skins begin to expand, creating the waves.
A few minutes later, as all the panels got to the same temp, the waves vanished and the side was smooth again.

12541151_1085700904807921_4919624326397181183_n.jpg

12507349_1085700911474587_724087422277404577_n.jpg

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Any pics of the inside? What's a trailer like that "loaner" Cost? What features does it have? Man those things make my old '97 interstate look......old lol
This is their standard highmark/Blackout Trailer.
Probably what they sell the most of.

Here is a link to one of their dealers that shows pricing for all the options.
http://www.bendtrailers.com/mirage-...8-10k-mxsp8-528ta3-tandem-axle-sport-trailer/

I would "GUESS" this is an $18K trailer or so..
No idea what real world discounts are, but I am SURE there are deals to be had!

tadder52

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Northern MN
So just to understand this is a loaner trailer, correct?

This one looks relatively close to last year's trailer with the options and I'm assuming the small tweaks that you brought to their attention.

Length? Weight?

Appreciate what Snowest, Mirage, and you are doing. Competition is good for everyone. These threads are right up near the top for my favorite threads in the last couple years.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
And here we see the laboratory testing of the weight capacity of Mirage Trailers. As you can see, these decks and load ramps can handle the loading of TWO yamahas!

Nice trailer

This is easy stuff.
Last year we did the STRESS TEST
We have all FIVE YAMAHAS in there!!!:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So just to understand this is a loaner trailer, correct?

This one looks relatively close to last year's trailer with the options and I'm assuming the small tweaks that you brought to their attention.

Length? Weight?

Appreciate what Snowest, Mirage, and you are doing. Competition is good for everyone. These threads are right up near the top for my favorite threads in the last couple years.
Yes.
This is a bone stock trailer right off the Mirage Lot that they are lending to me while the MK III Prototype is being manufactured.

One thing I can say about this.
Without the couches in it, it FEELS much wider.
But man do I miss them to sit down on after a day of riding.

On the other hand.
The fold down bench is VASTLY superior for getting dressed and undressed! I would absolutely have BOTH the fold down couch AND the fold down bench in the next trailer.

And the mirror was more useful than expected as well.

Premium Features