• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iso throttle response and power

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
Like the title states I'm looking for more power and better throttle response, but I also don't want to run a fuel controller. I already have STM power valves, and a p85 on the way. I was thinking about raising the compression and throwing a jaws y pipe on with some rage cages. I know I can do the y pipe with no controller. However I don't know what I can do if I Raise the compression. I'd like to run 100ll at 6k up. Any input?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
You are heading the right direction. If you are running 100LL at 6K, you can tighten the head up a little bit. You cannot run the Jaws pipe without a controller, and you cannot run the y pipe without the pipe, as they are a matched set. The STM valves add some really good snap. Rage cage give you some throttle response as well. The Diamond S can would be about the only thing you can add to your combo without adding a fuel controller. About 3 HP and some good weight loss.

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
I already run an evo can. What kind of compression ratio you think I could go to on 100ll. I currently run 91 but most guys I ride with either run 100 or 110 so availability isn't an issue. So if the jaws y pipe is out of the question then I'll have to look elsewhere ie slp or? You ever had any customers run a head and a y pipe with no controller?

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
You can run whatever you want without a fuel controller, because somebody says that you can, but when things go bad don't say that so and so said I could. People on here will help you out the best they can, but why would you push the envelope? If you are looking for better than average performance get a fuel controller and a set of EGT's or and AFR and tune the thing in with whatever you choose to run.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Get Singh grooves cut into the heads. A good machine shop will be able to cut them in for around $100.
This will increase your bottom end and midrange. I don't recommend anything I have not tried myself. I tried it and it rocks. I run it on my turbo pro. Google Singh grooves for more info.

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
You can run whatever you want without a fuel controller, because somebody says that you can, but when things go bad don't say that so and so said I could. People on here will help you out the best they can, but why would you push the envelope? If you are looking for better than average performance get a fuel controller and a set of EGT's or and AFR and tune the thing in with whatever you choose to run.

I get that. I'm trying to see if anyone has done it before I put money into it. It's not like I'm going to slap a y pipe and head on it and pull the rope and go. I'm going to get egt and afr readings to make sure that it is safe.

Thanks Kane I'll look into it!

Premium Features