• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has anyone used this on their trailer floor?

Keith517

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I am looking for something to put down on the floor of my trailer and am wondering if anyone has used this roll out vinyl garage flooring (link below)? If so how did it hold up to the carbides? How did you attache it to the floor? did you have problems with it expanding and contracting with temp changes?

https://www.bltllc.com/residential-garage/solid-color-series

Link from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/G-Floor-Ribbe...f=sr_1_31?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1410999060&sr=1-31

The other option I have been looking at is marine carpet. Any one using it what kind did you get and how do you like it?

Thanks!

Last edited:

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
I used Indoor outdoor carpet from menards. I just stapled it down around the edges and around tie downs. Some people glue it but I don't no y. Stapling it works great. I had it for 5 years. Only problem I had was scratchers with snag it but carbides are fine. Just used a old vacuum to clean. I now have poly bead board oath wise I would do it again.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I was in this same situation last fall and HAD to do something. I have a enclosed Featherlite trailer with the aluminum floor. It worked great for my dirt track race car but was very BAD for sleds. Super slick with snow on it.
I looked at a bunch of options and decided to go the carpet route. I looked around, checked the carpet stores, and found a great deal on a high quality commercial/office grade carpet. Its all one piece, notched around the wheel wells and the only place its held down is at the back door by a metal carpet transition piece. The carpet holds up great to the skis, no problem at all with that. The metal piece dose take a beating and I do have to swap them out from time to time. I also have the ramp door covered with carpet too. Eric

Keith517

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thanks for all the reply's. Good information. For you guys with the carped did the trailer get musty inside or did it dry pretty good?

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
I am looking for something to put down on the floor of my trailer and am wondering if anyone has used this roll out vinyl garage flooring (link below)? If so how did it hold up to the carbides? How did you attache it to the floor? did you have problems with it expanding and contracting with temp changes?

https://www.bltllc.com/residential-garage/solid-color-series

Link from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/G-Floor-Ribbe...f=sr_1_31?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1410999060&sr=1-31

The other option I have been looking at is marine carpet. Any one using it what kind did you get and how do you like it?

Thanks!

I have G-FLoors in my garage floor. No way would i run the sled on it it will tear it up instantly it won't even last once. I use roller wheel's to keep from tearing up the floor. Love the floor but the carbines will ruin it. Its also unbelievably slippery when snow gets on it.

In my trailer I just use Hurculiner and Super Glides.

Last edited:

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Thanks for all the reply's. Good information. For you guys with the carped did the trailer get musty inside or did it dry pretty good?

no issues like that with mine, Dried out pretty well. Might be more of a issue with a wood floor though, my floor is aluminum. Eric

C
Oct 25, 2014
Ski Glides

I'm new to this post and new to snowmobiles. Just bought my first one Arctic Cat Bearcat 2000 LT. Has 8 inch skies, So just wondering will 6 inch glides made by Caliber do the trick for the floor and the aluminum tail gate. They come in 5 foot lengths. I figure I can place 2 on the aluminum ramp tail gate, and place 2 or 4 on each side. Right now I have rubber door mats on the trailer floor where the RTV sat. I'm hoping with snow on them it will be enough so that I can place up front one 5 foot length on each side so the skis will stay in place. Worst case scenario, purchase 2 more 5 foot lengths to line the full 10 foot trailer.

Sorry for the long post, hope I got my question across.

Premium Features