• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who is buying a 2015 Trails West Snowcheck Blackout Burandt Trailer this year?

H
Feb 28, 2012
I've got mine in production right now and should be able to pick it up in a couple weeks. I can't wait.

20' bumper pull. I love the larger ones but I use a tundra to pull and the 20 is perfect for my liking. I can stuff in 3 sleds.

This year the Burandt Trailers have some awesome upgrades including:

New furnace manufacturer and location -I think 40k btu's
Recessed spare tire in the floor
upgraded rear door hinges naking it easier to open and close the heavy rear door
4 helmet heated cabinet
Matte Black Exterior
Pretty sure rear floor heating was moved back closer to the door to help melt door ice
6" taller trailer - helps with built UTV's Jeeps etc

On mine I ordered it with 2 windows and a passenger fuel door.

Can't wait. here's a sneak peak of these bad boys

143_4338.jpg 143_4342.jpg

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I like that Trails West addressed some issues that many have complained about. If you don't mind me asking, what did the 20' cost? That's what I would be interested in. Post up some pics when you get it.

H
Feb 28, 2012
the 20' I added a fuel door and 2 windows this time. It was $16,430

I will definitely post pics, I'm really excited about it and this will match my tundra perfectly. Just need to get another Pro to put in the back.

Cheers

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Those are SO nice. I got to walk through one in person this past winter. Oh boy!!!

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
The 6" taller height would be nice but only if the door opening is also taller. My two seat RZR fits in my 2013 Trails West just fine. My four seater is taller and barely fits through the door. It's nice that the trailer is long enough to fit both of them together.

H
Feb 28, 2012
pics below

Here are photos of this beautiful Trailer. I pick it up Friday:)

I ordered a few extras:
passenger side fuel door
2 Windows
Electric Jack on the front
Extra clothes rack

This year comes with a 4 helmet heated cabinet, 42k btu heater and better torsion hinges on the door making it easy to lift and lastly a recessed spare tire in the floor.

photo 1-31.jpg photo 2-29.jpg photo 3-16.jpg photo 4-11.jpg

Last edited:

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
2ygu3e7u.jpg

rehyvu3a.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

H
Feb 28, 2012
Yep

Me too, or even a 28'. But here in Colorado we barely have room for 20' trailers. Those large trailers require large parking areas.

Plus I have a Toyota tundra and this will be perfect for me. I had a 2014 last year and it was filled with problems. Complete problem child.

This one will be sweet plus I'm pumped it is black. Will match my truck perfectly:)

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I'm guessing a couple hundred miles of salted and sanded roads and that black tread plate will not look too good. Love the looks of an all black trailer. Just not sure that black on the front will hold up.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Plus I have a Toyota tundra and this will be perfect for me. I had a 2014 last year and it was filled with problems. Complete problem child.

i was surprised to see you take another chance with trails west. after all of my problems i couldnt image getting another. imo the Charmac is a MUCH better trailer. hopefully you have better luck with this one!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Although it is super good looking... that Matte Black would get COOKIN in the spring/summer months...but if it's just used in the winter...that may be a "plus".

For me...IMO... I'd go with silver or white to keep the solar gain to a minimum.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I googled it.. and cant find a website for the sled trailers....horse trailers, yes...but nothing inside that site for sled trailers??

All of that for less than $17,000...SCHWING!!

I'd love to get one a little smaller version of that... do they do customs?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
MH - Are you saying you can't find sled trailers at Trails West Trailers? If so, click on "Trailer Models" upper left side and a sub menu comes up. You want RPM Enclosed trailers (BP - bumper pull, GN - Goose Neck).

I would take that silver color myself. Both look good. If you were to shorten the 20' I don't think you would be able to snake in three sleds. Maybe that doesn't matter to you but I occasionally do myself. Did $17k seem high to you?

imo the Charmac is a MUCH better trailer.

How did the pricing and interior components compare to the Trails West enclosed? I've heard good things about Charmac but wasn't sure if they decked out the inside as nice as Trails West.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
How did the pricing and interior components compare to the Trails West enclosed? I've heard good things about Charmac but wasn't sure if they decked out the inside as nice as Trails West.

pricing was very comparable. The construction seems to be a higher level with charmac. the TW front door fits so poorly it lets dust and snow inside. i put foam gasket which helped with the snow but the dust still got in like crazy. my Chrmac is a much nicer fit and seals completely (as far as can tell anyways). The trim on the charmac fit better and the floor is sealed better (caulked around edges etc). Charmac puts the heater up in the roof so you have more floor space, not a bad thing when you're cramming 6 sleds in the 28' .... heater almost blocked it too much. I also did not like the ramped floor; very limited flat floor that comfortable to stand on and the 20' is worse.

the ONLY thing that i can think of about the TW that i liked was the side door. they have a nicely built frame/door that is stout. Both trailers pull well but the TW had a little sway around 75-80 and the Charmac is solid up to 90. The spread axle on the Charmac makes it feel like a triple axle, very smooth over bumps on the freeway.

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
I googled it.. and cant find a website for the sled trailers....horse trailers, yes...but nothing inside that site for sled trailers??

All of that for less than $17,000...SCHWING!!

I'd love to get one a little smaller version of that... do they do customs?

The plant managers name is Jon. He's very accessible and easy to talk to. If you're serious about it, it might be worth the call.

Last edited by a moderator:
Premium Features