• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

trails west trailer owners

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Had plenty of time to poke and prod the TW trailer this weekend at the SnowShow.

Of all the trailers I have seen, they have to be the most structurally sound of any of them.

There is just no doubt whatsoever that this company comes from making HORSE TRAILERS and knows how to use metal to make their trailers STRONG and DURABLE.

Fit and Finish on the frame and trailer were simply TOP NOTCH.

The only thing that made me chuckle were the cabinets inside.
Clearly these guys are still learning the fine art of cabinetry !:face-icon-small-hap
They were just not up to the standard of the rest of the trailer "YET".
But from what I heard from their reps that will be solved very soon now as they roll out a new line of cabinets that are much beefier.

If I was looking for a goose-neck trailer, and could afford it, I would have NO hesitation at all about buying one of theirs.!

If taken care of, that trailer could last you a decade or two easy.

I actually like the "less is more" approach to cabinets.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
I actually like the "less is more" approach to cabinets.

Me too. I think their cabinets and benches are much more user friendly on our trails west GN than on our decked out GN Nash trailer. The trails west is hands down the nicest quality trailer I have ever used. Fit and finish is second to none. The durability on the finishes inside and out is amazing. And everything is very well thought out and easily accessible and usable

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
Just picked up a 28' chris burandt snow check edition. Haven't got to use it yet, but the build quality is amazing. very happy with the features as well. I bypassed the timer so the furnace can run all night, just set the thermostat so it will cut in and out. We drove down to the states to pick ours up. Got a great price. I find the price on these trailers great. They are right in the ball park with other brands. Come up to Canada and you will find out how expensive a trailer is.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
When the day comes for me to buy an enosed it'll for sure be a trails west!

Knox

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2010
North Dakota
anyone pulling the 34ft gooseneck version? wondering if airbags are going to be a must for it?

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Just picked up a 28' chris burandt snow check edition. Haven't got to use it yet, but the build quality is amazing. very happy with the features as well. I bypassed the timer so the furnace can run all night, just set the thermostat so it will cut in and out. We drove down to the states to pick ours up. Got a great price. I find the price on these trailers great. They are right in the ball park with other brands. Come up to Canada and you will find out how expensive a trailer is.

who did you buy your trailer from,iam only looking at the 20ft bp so they seem hard to find, only a few around & dont want to deal on price.19000 for the burant snowcheck edition in airdrie:face-icon-small-sho

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
who did you buy your trailer from,iam only looking at the 20ft bp so they seem hard to find, only a few around & dont want to deal on price.19000 for the burant snowcheck edition in airdrie:face-icon-small-sho

If you are still sold on the TW you need to talk to Matt at Steer In trailers in Montana. He's the man to deal with!

summitriders36

Premium Member
Aug 30, 2010
The RPM bumper pulls all have a 30K BTU furnace and the gooseneck models all have a 40K BTU furnace. I've had my Trails West RPM since the first year that they were built and never had the problems with the ice building up in the rear. I think I avoid this by setting the thermostat about in the middle (about 70-75 degrees) and let the thing run for at least 2 hours. If you get too chintzy with your propane and just melt the sleds, you will get ice buildup on any beaver tail trailer (someone mentioned this already). If you think in terms of melting the whole trailer instead of just the sleds, I don't think you'll have a problem. I usually go riding at least once per week and have never had to fill the bottles more than twice. On bad snow year, one fill-up will get me through the season. Hope this helps.

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
My apologies if I missed this already, but how many sleds can you get in the 28 TW Goose? Did I see they make a 34'?? How many sleds in that?

Like to update one of these days from my current 33' Haulmark tag. Love the trailer but want to get to a gooseneck w more bells and whistles!

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
The RPM bumper pulls all have a 30K BTU furnace and the gooseneck models all have a 40K BTU furnace. I've had my Trails West RPM since the first year that they were built and never had the problems with the ice building up in the rear. I think I avoid this by setting the thermostat about in the middle (about 70-75 degrees) and let the thing run for at least 2 hours. If you get too chintzy with your propane and just melt the sleds, you will get ice buildup on any beaver tail trailer (someone mentioned this already). If you think in terms of melting the whole trailer instead of just the sleds, I don't think you'll have a problem. I usually go riding at least once per week and have never had to fill the bottles more than twice. On bad snow year, one fill-up will get me through the season. Hope this helps.

I wondered how often I'd have to fill the propane. I think that the G.N. trailers have always had heat in the floor but this is the first year for it in the B.P. trailers, I'd think that floor heat would help get the whole trailer melted out.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I don't know how many times we refilled propane, but we went thru a bunch. Just depends on how much you use the furnace.

Premium Features